PDA

View Full Version : please dont remove this right away

ronslawncare
04-03-2002, 10:43 PM
please dont remove this i know its in the wrong topic forum but noone is ever on the irrigation forum .this may sound stupid but does anyone know if there is any irrigation type of school you can go to in ny.i called many companys they want 3-5 yrs experiance i look at a local tech scool they teach you how to repair a head .i want to learn how to install sprinklers .any info would be great thanx ronnie

landscaper3
04-03-2002, 10:46 PM
Toro sells sprinkler systems so try your local Toro dealer for info. They may provide a class so you might buy there product.

ronslawncare
04-03-2002, 10:52 PM
ill give it a shot .its tuff how do these guys expect you to learn

tpl
04-04-2002, 12:32 AM
the library has several books on installation. I know I saw a book by Ortho at Home Depot and Lowes. You can also check out hunter irrigation. They have a download page that has manuals and specs. I think I remember seeing a 100 page book on installing.

Hunterindustries.com

Garry
04-04-2002, 08:43 AM
Get yourself on a golf course construction crew...................You'll have no choice but to learn irragation.

Nothing beats hands on experience!

Lance Takara
04-04-2002, 01:42 PM
Good for you, Ron for pushing to learn more.

"Hands on" is always good - no debate there. You gotta know the practical side of installation - what works and what doesn't. If you're looking for the "why something works the way it does" or how to accurately design or layout a system so it functions properly, attend some seminars such as those put out by the Irrigation Association.

Of course, like all calculated design layouts, you have only established a minimum baseline. From there, you can always modify your design / layout to be more conservative based on your actual working conditions.

The key is you are not guessing blindly in the dark what will work and what will not.

ronslawncare
04-04-2002, 05:08 PM
i check toro website it didnt download .im going to check out orthos book today diy irrigation i called like 20 companys i got 3 call backs that wanted 3- 5 yrs experience there is one guy that said he might be able to use me over the summer he just highered 9 guys.so im going to check the libary today also.thanx for replys .

HBFOXJr
04-04-2002, 07:50 PM
Check the college university scene for courses. Rutgers University in NJ offers a design course in the winter time. Hire on a laborer, not a tech and take courses in the winter. The Irrigation Association of NJ offers courses in the winter. A season or 2 as a laborer on and install crew or as a helper with a tech on service would be a good start.