PDA

View Full Version : lame 08 F550 Ford dealer ad on ebay :/

Ramairfreak98ss
05-29-2009, 11:32 PM
This was the place that i said a couple months back, they had this advertised for $26,999, JUST like this ad http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Other-Pickups-2WD-Reg-Cab-2008-Ford-Super-Duty-F-550-DRW-2WD-Reg-Cab-NEW_W0QQitemZ350197236189QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item518961c1dd&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318

So i emailed them, salesman called me the next day "sunday" said they still have the truck, it is new, NINE miles on it and they wanted me to come down to look at it. I live in NJ, its in MD or VA. Its a 2008 Diesel 6.4L 2wd, single cab, no frills XL package, manual everything f550 with 12' landscape unibody on it.
For that price its a steal. The guy beat around the bush a bit, and 3 calls later, i find out the BODY does not come with the truck for that price. He says actually the body is $11,400 or something EXTRA. Then he says there is an installation fee of $850. lol

I said so the body that you advertise ON the truck in the picture thats ALREADY installsed is almost 13k MORE than your advertised price? "yeah"

Theyve called several times to try and wheel and deal. i just simply did not like their sales tactics and "false advertising" since thats exactly what it is.

Anyone else email them through ebay and ask about their trucks? I have a feeling since they have ones for 40k, but xlt/crew cabs/4x4 theyre probably the same deal.

40k for the truck $10k+ for the body , and their install fee lol.

I was going to go down in March and buy it for $27k if thats how much it really was, now its almost 30k? without the body still? scammers:nono::hammerhead:

topsites
05-30-2009, 01:42 AM
First off, and maybe I am seeing it wrong, but isn't that a dump bed?
I mean, it's not a landscaper...

But...
Landscaper body, dump bed, which if it doesn't come with either, what I'm saying is it the same 13k extra?
Have to make sure, if the guy's willing to sell it with the dump bed as is shown in the picture I wouldn't say too much.
Could've been a typo, first thing I saw was the picture.

But otherwise, hohoho

Ramairfreak98ss
05-30-2009, 09:51 AM
First off, and maybe I am seeing it wrong, but isn't that a dump bed?
I mean, it's not a landscaper...

But...
Landscaper body, dump bed, which if it doesn't come with either, what I'm saying is it the same 13k extra?
Have to make sure, if the guy's willing to sell it with the dump bed as is shown in the picture I wouldn't say too much.
Could've been a typo, first thing I saw was the picture.

But otherwise, hohoho

thats not a landscaper body? a "dump body" we usually refer to around here as "mason dumps" the little 1-3 yard deals that you need huge wooden sides for to hold anything substantial. This one is a "unibody" which means its nothing like a stake body and has almost real dump truck sides, but usually a side door which this one has.

Reading and someone else make them, the body is around 10k ish

J&R Landscaping
05-31-2009, 07:30 PM
The ad is screwed up. They should make a note one way or the other that the body is not included or picture is for reference only.. blah blah blah... Details don't say a word about the body but it don't say its not included either. I think I remember looking at that truck online as well.

cpel2004
05-31-2009, 08:08 PM
If you really want this truck for that price, call your state's AG and give them the facts. I would also contact Ebay. With that being said it may be an honest mistake, I would give the Dealer an opportunity to make it right, if you truly want to buy this truck.

nnj18
05-31-2009, 08:52 PM
local dealer has 4 trucks with that body and crew cab chassis for $46k on the sticker.....prob get them to $40k with this economy...they've been sitting there since last fall

Ramairfreak98ss
06-02-2009, 09:00 AM
If you really want this truck for that price, call your state's AG and give them the facts. I would also contact Ebay. With that being said it may be an honest mistake, I would give the Dealer an opportunity to make it right, if you truly want to buy this truck.

Its not an honest mistake, i made them aware of it almost three months ago when i was going to buy it..... when it was $26,999. then they called back 3 days later, after they tried to get me to DRIVE DOWN from NJ to MD and i told them i wanted the full specs on it prior.... they KNOW its false advertising.

My father works at the attorney generals office for NJ... i wonder what they would do if "he" called up and said the state is looking to buy the truck listed online, are they going to tell the AGs office that they cant buy it for the advertised price? lol

He could have consumer affairs involved pretty quick with that one. Its not like the picture is messed up or "an honest mistake" they use it as a ploy to get guys to call. And when you DO call, they act as though its still available and want you to come in to look at it.

cat320
06-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I notice they never mention the body but they do take a pic of the inside of it.

Gravel Rat
06-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I noticed they are not even a Ford dealer they are a leasing company.

If it sounds too good to be true then it is. I couldn't even buy a F-550 cab and chassis for that price I would be looking at 50 grand minimum for a diesel.

So if you really think your going to get a truck like that for 29 grand then you must fall for the get rich quick schemes.

Ramairfreak98ss
06-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I noticed they are not even a Ford dealer they are a leasing company.

If it sounds too good to be true then it is. I couldn't even buy a F-550 cab and chassis for that price I would be looking at 50 grand minimum for a diesel.

So if you really think your going to get a truck like that for 29 grand then you must fall for the get rich quick schemes.

lol, well i did look up an 09 spec'd the same way, 40k before discounts, so 30k for just the body isnt out of the ordinary, it is a plane arse xl 2x4 with a diesel... i agree they should definitly not have pictures of the body or take pictures inside of it though lol. Ill tell them ill take it for 29k, with or without the body, think theyll remove it?

Gravel Rat
06-03-2009, 03:49 AM
I don't like the way these con-artist car dealers try mislead people.