PDA

View Full Version : red max whip wont run. HELP!!!!

droptine
05-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I have a BCZ2600S weed whip. I just bought it a week used ago and it ran/started fine. Then it seemed like it was leaking gas out of the top. Now will not run on its own.

I just put on a
New spark plug
New Carb
New fuel lines
New Fuel Fillter
New Carb gasket
New 89 fuel
New Red Max oil

What the F am I not doing right?

it will start on starting fuild and as long as I keep giving it alittle gas it will run.

HELP

4.3mudder
05-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Will it run if you give it full throttle? Seems like the muffler screen may be plugged, I would check that first before putting any more money into it.

dutch1
05-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Is there a possibility that you have reversed the fuel suction line and the return lines. I mention it only because I just had a trimmer in the shop that the owner had replaced the lines but couldn't get it to run. Like yours, it would fire on carb/choke cleaner. I reversed the lines and all was well.

Dutch

droptine
05-30-2009, 10:25 PM
thanks guys I will try both things tomorrow.

mowerknower
05-30-2009, 10:30 PM
wow, sounds like you should have taken it to a dealer and saved a buck. Have you done a compression test? Presure/ Vacuum test. Without doing those you cannot be sure whats wrong.

SLR
05-31-2009, 01:42 PM
What the F am I not doing right?

Living with the problem that ought never be..find reciept,take lemon to clerk who sold it to you & shove it up his yonder!
If you genuinely did no harm to the weed eater,there's
simply no excuse for week old purchases to de-perform like such..or perhaps,blame that dirty rascle bush..