PDA

View Full Version : Toro hydro motor running slow?

Dadfsr
05-30-2009, 08:06 PM
First time for me here but I think my son (Danf) used be on the site quite a bit. I have an older Toro 62" hydro walk behind that I have re-engined once at about 1200 hrs(now has about 2000 hrs on it) started to mow with it this afternoon and the left drive motor seems to be running about half speed. Checked all the linkages and everything seems fine there. Anybody go any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Restrorob
05-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Check this thread out below for some basic checks... Also, When was the hydro oil and filters changed last ?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=1987834&postcount=2

Dadfsr
05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks Rob. The filter and oil were both changed two years ago but this mower probably doesn't see more than a couple hundred hours a year at the most. Basically use it for my trim mower believe or not. My main mower right now is a Bushhog ZTR 72"

Restrorob
05-30-2009, 10:55 PM
The filter and oil were both changed two years ago

Hmmm, Not saying this is your problem but only something to think about.....

This is what Toro states in their hydro WB owner's manual;

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Toro/ToroWBHydroFilterChange.jpg

Dixie states yearly or X hrs. in their manual as well, Possibly due to moisture/condensation build up from the oil just sitting not being warmed up and/or the additives package depleting/separating in the oil.

Dadfsr
05-30-2009, 11:13 PM
The filter and oil was going to be the first thing I was doing to it Monday just for "just becauses" but I got a bad feeling that I'm looking at another motor....

Dadfsr
07-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Yup first thing Monday...right after the Scout canoe trip over that weekend and ripping the ligament loose in my thumb:dizzy: Needless to say I've been pretty much one handed for a month but finally had some time and a rainy day to play with this all day today. I changed the oil and filter-no luck! So as a backup I also got a couple of the service kits from Toro ($162) and proceeded to fumble my way through getting them changed today with a cast on my left hand....No Luck! There is one other service kit that will require just about gutting the internals on the top of the motor but I'm getting leery of dropping too many more $$ into service kits. Anybody got a good used one laying around??? Or any other suggestions????