PDA

View Full Version : interview questions?

towtruck212
06-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I was looking for some job related question that would be good to ask at an interview. I have 12 guys I am interviewing at a local restaurant I am going to try and set them up every 20 minutes which I think will be pushing it but, any advise is appreciated...

Thanks,
Mike

grandview (2006)
06-02-2009, 09:33 PM
One of the big questions is, Do you have a driver license and a car to get to work?

towtruck212
06-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes that is a good one. I have that one answered in their application.

bohiaa
06-02-2009, 10:04 PM
You may wanna Check the laws..... Not sure if it's nation wide. but there are only like 3 Questions you can ask.....

other than that it's your JOB to get the guy talking....

JDiepstra
06-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Why do you want this job?'

Experience..... mowing, fixing things, types of equipment........

Why did you leave your last job?

How long do you plan to keep this job?

What do you think is a fair wage?

When are you available?

What is a personal strength of yours?

What is a personal weakness?

What would your last boss tell me about you?

What would your friends say about you?

Who is a role model of yours and why?

Would you rather get the job done fast or done well? (trick question..... both hopefully)

What would you do if a customer complained to you?

What would you do if you had a problem and didn't know what to do about it?

Need more?

towtruck212
06-02-2009, 10:40 PM
You can go all day if you would like..... it gives me some good thing to put on my list that I haven't thought of. thanks

dwlah
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Do you own an alarm clock and can you operate it?:hammerhead:

bohiaa
06-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Look at the car/truck they drive up in too.

zimmatic
06-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Mike,
I was in barnes and noble picked up a book called "hiring the best" It is loaded with questions, how to ask them and the art of interviewing.

I would not waste my time with interviewing 12 guys now after reading the this book. One easy way of seperating the good from the bad is a resume, with refernces, plus wage history and wage requirment.

I did a 3 part system this year. Placed my ad, local paper, craigslist and my business website. I took no phone calls. If they called they were disqualified, since I said no phone calls---cant follow directions if they called. If they didnt have resume, refernces etc disqualified. If they could produce the materials I requested then I looked them over reall good. First thing I checked was for work history in lawn care irrigation etc. Some didnt have any experince, but in thier cover letter they stated they had many years of exp. Second I called references. If all checked out I emailed them and asked more ??ns. Then if that checked out I called them for a phone interview. If I liked them even more they got a face to face interview. By that time of a face to face I usually hired them. Out of 4 people I hired this year I had a total of 7 face to face interviews, 4 I hired, 1 didnt like, and 2 where no shows.

Did I get good empolyee's YES I did. Just like anything it takes alot of hard work to get something worthwhile.

Sorry to all for the bad spelling, I suck at it. And yes if spelling was bad on a resume it was noted.