PDA

View Full Version : capitol paver sterps

GLawn
06-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Has anyone used capitol products and if you have do you know if they make a dummy block for infill when doing steps? The customer is specing this product for both the patio and steps.

BOEpavers
06-04-2009, 06:26 PM
What is the height of the Capitol Wall block you'll be using to build the risers? If it is 6" or 8" you could use EP HEnry's step filler block.

GLawn
06-04-2009, 09:11 PM
They have a 3" and 6" I am gonna check there is an ep henry dealer right down the road from the capitol dealer, but they are not very easy to deal with. The reason for the question is that this will be the first set of steps we have done using the pedestal method, and I didn't want to waste alot of good block. Thanks for the help

JDavisLandscapes
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Has anyone used capitol products and if you have do you know if they make a dummy block for infill when doing steps? The customer is specing this product for both the patio and steps.

I would check Jersey Sand and Gravel Co. and ask for John. He will help you out. When I do any paver jobs down in Wall Twp. I always use them. Capitol makes a good product, We installed over 4000 Sq. Ft. of there pavers so far this year. I'm not positive if they have the exact product your looking for though.

GLawn
06-05-2009, 09:31 AM
thanx J. Davis I know the guys over there very well, I spoke to Brian this week, its just a matter of telling the customer they have to spring for alot of block to properly install the stairs, luckily its only 2-3 steps and a landing.

BOEpavers
06-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Keep in mind if for example you're building 6" steps, any tru 6" high block will work for fill (Not gray block as they aren't a true 6"). That being said, if you are using an expensive material for the risers, see what "chep" material they have that can be used for the infill. Also, check withthe dealer to see if they have any odd lots they want to get rid of cheap - remember-they are going to be hidden so color, style, etc doesn't matter as long as its the right height. Maybe they have some discontinued colors, etc. That is what we did before EP Henry came out with their Step Filler block. Since then our supplier, who has a block plant as well, started making their own SFB's and we now use them instead of EP's.