PDA

View Full Version : Plugr 850HD Pricing

lawnspecialties
06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I was talking with my dealer yesterday and asked about pricing a Plugr 850HD aerator. This is the Honda model with the hydrostatic. I already have a 600 but would really love to upgrade this season.

Anyway, he told me his best price would run around $4900+. I was very surprised. I remember them running around $4300 but what a jump this year. Anyone with information on pricing this unit recently?:confused:

jsf343
06-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I am just curious what is the difference between the two models?

bigslick7878
06-05-2009, 02:17 PM

The 850 is a hydro drive and is faster.

Exact Rototilling
06-10-2009, 11:03 AM

850 pulls a few more plugs per square foot. I would not want to run a PL800 or PL600 on many properties I have done with my 850. Alamia.com has them priced at $3995 last I checked with free shipping.

mdlwn1
06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Not sure how your budget is, but a ryan lawnair 28 will out plug anything out there. Its as dramatic a difference as a roller type to you plugr. I now own the plugr (unfortunatly). The ryan will put many more plugs per foot as well as THROUGH anything..ashvault..tree roots.. IT will also aerate in neutral (without driving forward) or going backward. Neutral allows you to put a gazillian holes in a bad area in one pass without having to go over it several times.

jsf343
06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I have heard the plugr is the most comfortable to use though, very little operator fatigue. Is this the case?

Exact Rototilling
06-10-2009, 11:39 PM
I have heard the plugr is the most comfortable to use though, very little operator fatigue. Is this the case?

Plugr 850 has a fairly low operator fatigue factor. If the soil you are aerating is loaded with rocks or the soil is super hard from lack of water [makes for short plugs] is gets tough to control. If the soil is properly watered and relative free of bigger rocks it is only moderately tougher to use than a 21" mower. Hydro drive makes it a breeze to use and hills are non issue unlike the Plugr 800, 600 etc.

Aeration is my favorite service to offer. :)

Exact Rototilling
06-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Not sure how your budget is, but a ryan lawnair 28 will out plug anything out there. Its as dramatic a difference as a roller type to you plugr. I now own the plugr (unfortunatly). The ryan will put many more plugs per foot as well as THROUGH anything..ashvault..tree roots.. IT will also aerate in neutral (without driving forward) or going backward. Neutral allows you to put a gazillian holes in a bad area in one pass without having to go over it several times.
I was seriously considering a Ryan 28 last year but the higher price was a factor over the Plugr 850. I wish there was a Ryan 28 I could rent in my local area just so I could try one out.

jsf343
06-11-2009, 10:53 PM
has anybody had a chance to research or try out "lawn solutions" aerator? I have heard good things about it but can't demo one out here unless you want to try out another lco's which I don't really want to do (no dealers). They seem pretty nice and are hydro as well.

Exact Rototilling
06-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Not sure how your budget is, but a ryan lawnair 28 will out plug anything out there. Its as dramatic a difference as a roller type to you plugr. I now own the plugr (unfortunatly). The ryan will put many more plugs per foot as well as THROUGH anything..ashvault..tree roots.. IT will also aerate in neutral (without driving forward) or going backward. Neutral allows you to put a gazillian holes in a bad area in one pass without having to go over it several times.mdlwn1,

Which model plugr do you own? I've been looking for someone who can give me a plug count per sq foot compared to the Ryan 28 vs. the Plugr 800 or 850?

The Plugr 600 pulls less plugs than the 800 or 850.

Exact Rototilling
06-12-2009, 10:53 AM
has anybody had a chance to research or try out "lawn solutions" aerator? I have heard good things about it but can't demo one out here unless you want to try out another lco's which I don't really want to do (no dealers). They seem pretty nice and are hydro as well.

There are several user reports here on lawnsite on the new Lawn solutions aerator. You'll need to search for them.

All I can say about them is they are the only rolling tine type aerators I would ever consider owning based on those reports and the videos of them in action. The forward and backwards feature on their WB unit and ease of use really makes them stand out from the rest of the other rolling tine types on the market.

lawnspecialties
06-13-2009, 04:43 PM
850 pulls a few more plugs per square foot. I would not want to run a PL800 or PL600 on many properties I have done with my 850. Alamia.com has them priced at $3995 last I checked with free shipping.

I just went to Alamia.com. Wow. I've never heard of them until now.

One point, though. They show the 850 as a Plugr Pl-850H. Is this something less than a 850HD? I don't know if this is a typo or am I comparing apples to oranges here? $3995 is an unbelievable price.

bigslick7878
06-13-2009, 05:45 PM
I just went to Alamia.com. Wow. I've never heard of them until now.

One point, though. They show the 850 as a Plugr Pl-850H. Is this something less than a 850HD? I don't know if this is a typo or am I comparing apples to oranges here? $3995 is an unbelievable price.

http://www.sourceonex.com/plugr/html/features.html

Looks like there is only one 850 as far as I can tell.

I never knew about that site either,looks like it has some good prices and a pretty wide variety of brands.

Exact Rototilling
06-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I purchased a BlueBird Seeder S22 [basically a power rake with a seed hopper in the back and verticut bar] with a Honda GX160 from Alamia.com Spring of 2008. I was not able to get any where with my local Blue Bird dealer or Husky dealer on pricing or any advice what-so-ever. I even talked with their service department and they seemed reasonably knowledgeable and had a clue. I did take some heat from a few here at lawn site for not buying the lawn solutions seeder. :rolleyes:

The Spring tine power rake bar has made me a chunk of change these last 2 seasons. payup

I would not hesitate to order from them again. A+

They updated their web site this last year or so and it has been much more difficult to navigate compared to their old one. That is the only negative. :hammerhead:

Exact Rototilling
06-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Yes - the only option on the 850 Plugr is the Honda GX-200 or the Brigs option. I have the Honda. It is a tad under powered when dealing with rockly soil. Keeping the tine cams properly greased helps but Plugr really needs to put a tad bigger engine on the 850. I've considered getting a go cart performance cam off ebay for my GX200 to help but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

lawn king
06-14-2009, 10:07 AM
If you pay $3995.00 for the 850 plugr hydro without doing a demmo on the lawn solutions machine, your'e making a huge mistake. I did a demmo on the new LS core aerator this spring, i pulled out of the dealer with the unit in my truck!