PDA

View Full Version : oops! do I do now

MaineFarmer
06-04-2009, 11:11 PM
oops! I finally got around to startin my patio and I was doin like you guys said but got all my base down and level and compactid and realized I never put the fabric I got down in between the regular soil and my 3/4ths inches gravel I havn't put my stone dust down yet should I put it in between that (dust and 3/4ths gravel) or is it too late. Guy at the stone store said some people don't do the fabric at all when they put down blue stones patio rocks, so I dont think im gonna dig it up and do it all over. thank you for your help again, mainefarmer

Shane472
06-04-2009, 11:22 PM
What kind of fabric are you talking about? If you mean typical landscape fabric then that's not necessary at all. It's something you see suggested in a lot of homeowner/diy how-to instructionals but no company I have worked for has ever used it. On larger jobs where there is vehicular traffic I will use geogrid between the subgrade and granular base but that's overkill on a patio and again, not a necessity to a good job. I would just keep going if I were you. Best of luck!

NewHorizon's Land
06-05-2009, 04:12 AM
too late to put in between your base. some people put in between the base and sand. make sure it is a geotextile sepeartion fabric not just a landscape fabric