PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane Super Surfer blowing it's fuse: Any suggestions?

genesis215
06-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I have a 2003 52" Great Dane Super Surfer with a 22HP Kohler Command PRO V-Twin that is giving me terrible trouble. It blows one of it's two 20A fuse and shuts down the mower every time it blows, and will only run for 1-5 minutes before blowing. It always seems to happen with bouncing or vibration. I don't have a backup mower, so I am stuck with a 21" mower to mow our farm.

I took it over to a friend's house, and he looked over the electrical trying to find electrical shorts using his testers. We cleaned a bunch of connections, and made sure there wasn't some wire that was visibly worn, or rubbing up against metal.

Sorry for the long post, but do any of you have suggestions on what to look for, what to check, and what to possibly replace? I really don't know anything about electrical systems, so ANY help wuld be GREATLY appreciated.

Restrorob
06-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Without trying to look your unit up, Un-plug the voltage regulator and test run again, This will eliminate a shorted regulator/stator on the engine.

If it still blows you now know it's a problem with the unit/harness, If you found rust on the "B" terminal on the ignition switch and cleaned it, that doesn't help burnt/shorted contacts inside. Replace the switch and that one connector in the plug together for a long term repair.

Good Luck

genesis215
06-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the tips! Could you tell me where the voltage regulator is? My engine model number is the CV675S.

Restrorob
06-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Just above the oil filter;

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Kohler/CV/KohlerCVTwinRegulatorLocation.jpg