PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy a new kabota need help

grnacre
06-06-2009, 05:41 PM
inow run a jd 830 looked at the kabota line undecided on gas or diesel 26 hp 60 in thanks

ashelton
06-06-2009, 06:30 PM
The diesel will last twice as long with half of the headaches. It will also have a LOT more torque than the gas. If you can afford the extra cost of the diesel you will not regret it.

Good Luck.

Lehighlawnpros
06-06-2009, 10:04 PM
+1 for Kubota diesel!

I have a D902 @22hp on my Grasshopper 722D

Plenty of power for my grass type (regularly maintained St. Augustine)

and .5 to .6 gallon per hour fuel economy

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-06-2009, 10:12 PM
they are totaly different mowers! if you hated your 830 you might like a 850a with a 34hp kawi or it might be a 860 im not sure but anyway you cant go wrong with the financing on a kubota! the diesel is the way i would go thats what they are known for! if you had a 23hp 830 with a 60in deck or 54 you would like the zd serries under 26hp. they are alot heavier though so if rutting is a porblem i would try to stay with a deere and go for a larger motor with mulch on demand!

nosparkplugs
06-06-2009, 11:16 PM
This is not even apples to apples, the Kubota ZD line is one of the best diesel ZTR lines on the market John Deere makes the 997 thats it. If you never have run a diesel, then switching over is the toughest decision to make. Some say the frames & decks wear out before you ever get close to wearing out the diesel engine. I disagree I wore out all my gasoline engines, with zero trouble out of the frames. decks. spindles, hydropumps wheel motors. Ten years ago diesel ZTR's were not as popular as now, the quality of the ZTR's have now caught up to these modern 3 & 4 cylinder agriculture diesel's

Diesels are torque monsters, with a diesel ZTR you produce all your torque with far less RPM's than a gasburner ZTR that equals longer engine life & better burn rates.

The increase in production & fuel economy will enable you to take on more work, and does offset the initial cost of the diesel option.

This debate is no different than the diesel vs gas in trucks or cars. Right now diesel costs less than gasoline that is helping those fence riders whom make purchases on fuel price; because "cheaper fuel is better fuel" when diesel costs more. That has been the "ACE" in the hole for the diesel haters.:rolleyes: Again diesel is a long term investment, where gasburners are cheaper, and require less brains to operate too. Some would say??? Gas is dummy proof, where diesel requires some brains to own & operate with great production & long term rewards on your investment. You can take the economy & car & truck sales for a great analogy. People are keeping their vehicles longer cause credit & money is harder to come buy in this climate diesel is the best option more than ever before.

Lawnsite will surely have you more confused depending on whom posts their 2 cents on this.

inow run a jd 830 looked at the kabota line undecided on gas or diesel 26 hp 60 in thanks