PDA

View Full Version : 48' exmark rider question

firstchoice1
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I have a 48' exmark rider. What happend was when I took off the blades to sharpen then put them back in they all went in right except the one farthest from the grass eject side. I've tightened it as much as possible but there is about a 1/4 inch gap from being in all the way. I made sure I had all the spacers and everything was there. Nothing inside like dirt or bent steel pretuding it from coming in all the way. When I engage the mower it becomes loud then sounds normal again in quick frequent intervals.

Any ideas?

DT Lawn Care
06-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Hmmm, sounds interesting. Did you try switching the bolts with one of the other blades? The blade isn't getting caught up on any grass or nothin is it (duhhhh)? Good Luck :)

firstchoice1
06-07-2009, 05:31 AM
yeah switched bolts and everything

DT Lawn Care
06-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Well, what I would do, I'm not the one looking at it, I would think there is something jammed up it. Try tapping with a hammer or using a shop-vac on it. If you don't get any luck there then you have like bad threads way in or something? If you want to avoid taking it into the dealer, I would take your bolt to a hardware store and get the same one except shorter. Good Luck