PDA

View Full Version : Bag or mulch clippings

Jaspell
06-07-2009, 12:52 AM
On the residential lawns I do I have been mulching the clippings as my belief is that in the long run that is the best way to return the nutrients to the soil. The downside is that the mowers are kicking a lot of grass into my neatly mulced beds. What are you guys doing? If bagging is the norm then I guess I will break down and do it.

leftcoast
06-07-2009, 01:14 AM
You are correct about why to mulch, try using a high quality mower and mowing when the grass is dry and not to long

leftcoast
06-07-2009, 01:18 AM
oh yeah and use your blower to displace any grass that does end up on the beds

TheC-Master
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
A good mulching kit makes it look bagged and it is better, I've cut grass to my elbows and I haven't the need to bag.

ed2hess
06-07-2009, 07:48 PM
The Justmow it guys came into our market and use the 21" units and mulch everything...I think since I don't see any trash on their little trucks. But our customers now think that they are bagging and now we are getting request to bag:dizzy:

Herdfan
06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I bag 1 pass around the beds and mulch everything else.

sven1277
06-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I run both. Mulch most of the time. Bag when the grass is too long.

Trenchblade
06-11-2009, 08:57 AM
On the residential lawns I do I have been mulching the clippings as my belief is that in the long run that is the best way to return the nutrients to the soil. The downside is that the mowers are kicking a lot of grass into my neatly mulced beds. What are you guys doing? If bagging is the norm then I guess I will break down and do it.

mulch it anytime you can, the turf needs that organic material to thrive, just don't let it get built up. Thatch build up and cause a few problems down the road.