PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Pole Saw - need diagram / schematic

dchurch
06-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Guys -

I've got a HT75 Stihl Pole that I've had to repalce both poles due to being damaged (bent).

I've changed pole and the saw was working great - however now I'm having problems when fully extended - the driveshaft becomes disconnected. Internal spring is not fully extending upper drive shaft.

I'm looking for a diagram / schematic of the internals of both poles - just want to double check to make sure I have everything in correct order.

Thanks
Daivd

TheC-Master
06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I was thinking of getting one sooner or later, but my extended reach trimmer works fine, how long have you had it?

dchurch
06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
purchased it used (broken) a few weeks ago - it works great - cuts really good -

jaybow
07-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Guys -

I've got a HT75 Stihl Pole that I've had to repalce both poles due to being damaged (bent).

I've changed pole and the saw was working great - however now I'm having problems when fully extended - the driveshaft becomes disconnected. Internal spring is not fully extending upper drive shaft.

I'm looking for a diagram / schematic of the internals of both poles - just want to double check to make sure I have everything in correct order.

Thanks
Daivd

Loosen the collar that holds the power head/engine and slide it towards the plastic throttle grip about 3/4 inch

jaybow
07-14-2009, 11:12 PM
purchased it used (broken) a few weeks ago - it works great - cuts really good -

I purchased a new one with a bigger engine today and the same thing happened. Easily fixed once I figured it out.

BigGreen1
07-15-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.stihlusa.com/information/info_product2.html

Hope this helps.

Tim

G. Ramey
07-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I had to replace the poles on mine a couple weeks ago. I think stihl only sells there replacement parts through there dealers. The dealer has schematics, but I think stihl tries to keep them off the internet. My dealer would not share his schematics with me and threatened to charge me more if I tried to fix it myself and couldn't.