PDA

View Full Version : ZD 28 Kubota

Green Thumb
06-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Has anyone heard of hydralic problems related to driving on Hill sides?
My mower only has 450 hrs on it and it needs the pump replaced on the right side along with other issues. ($3000) ouch. The service manager asked me if
I was mowing any hillsides. He said they redesigned the Hydralic delivery system to have a seperate tank that feeds the motors. I do mow some hillsides
but it only represents about 2% of my mowing total time. The service manager also said he was going to ask Kubota to absorb some of the costs.

puppypaws
06-07-2009, 09:32 AM
My mower only has 450 hrs on it and it needs the pump replaced on the right side along with other issues. ($3000) ouch. The service manager asked me if
I was mowing any hillsides. He said they redesigned the Hydralic delivery system to have a seperate tank that feeds the motors. I do mow some hillsides
but it only represents about 2% of my mowing total time. The service manager also said he was going to ask Kubota to absorb some of the costs.

Kubota should absorb the cost to you for their flawed hydraulic design, no questions asked. Keep us informed, so everyone will know how Kubota treats you as a customer?

LwnmwrMan22
06-07-2009, 10:51 AM
What year is it?

If you press the issue, I had (2) 2006 ZD28's and they replaced the hydraulic system and extended the warranty for another 2 years.

It stalls out on hillsides, correct? Where you're going up or trying to turn, pushing the handles all the way forward and it just sits there?

Green Thumb
06-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I first noticed it was weak on the right (50%) then I went across a small hill
and I had almost nothing.

grassman177
06-07-2009, 06:45 PM
do some searching on here and you will find many posts concerning this, we HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT WITH THREE MACHINES MANY TIMES EACH, kubota was good to us, but yes press the issue. i have heard there is a fix, but very limited availoability here for some reason. it is an over flow res for the hydros. supp[osed to be a permanent fix finally. i miss those mowers a bit, but the new ones we got are over all even better. the old ones hugged hills like no other though.

ToroLandscaper
06-07-2009, 09:46 PM

Yes, I owned a 60" ZD28 for a brief period of time, and researched the mower. The hydro pumps were a problem with these, on my machine I purchased a "fix kit" from Kubota and with labor and all it was $365. I went ahead and ate the cost at the time because I would rather spend the $365 now than wait for the $3,000. About a week after I got the "fix kit" I sold the Kubota.