PDA

View Full Version : WTB: frame for Toro Walk Behind

rjklase
06-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey all, I have severely cracked the frame on my 1992 52" Toro walk behind. I am looking for a frame new or used. I have had this mower for a while (it is our first mower) and I love using it. So if anyone is parting out an old T-Bar Toro or knows where I may get one please, please let me know. I am located near Dayton, OH and won't mind driving a good bit for a decent price. So if you have any parted out 52" Toros please let me know. Thanks again!

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. thanks, Mike

Jason Rose
06-07-2009, 11:22 PM
I know what you mean about loving the T-bar, lol. I bought an old 1993 44" a few months back to have as a back-up machine and to use on "crappy" lawns around my place. Has to be the easiest walk mower I've ever ran.

As for your crack, is there no way to plate over the crack and re-weld it? I know mine has been broken and plated in an area, the frame over the deck. Worst welding job i've seen in a while but it's holding. I guess it depends on where the crack is and if there's things in the way of a potential fix.

Also, I know the guy I bought my toro from, in the lake of the ozarks Mo. had a 52" model for sale. It was kinda rough looking, and a hydro, but I'd guess the frames would be the same. his handle on here is ' mowin at the lake '.

rjklase
06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Bump for help

rjklase
06-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the help. I have contacted him. I guess it's the waiting game now. ;)

rjklase
06-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Still bumpin and lookin!

lawnjocky
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree with Jason. You should be able to weld the frame cheaper and faster than buying another frame unless there's more to it than just a cracked frame.

rjklase
06-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Yup, I agreed with him too. I am just the type to replace a part rather than try to fix it. That's all. I just came back from Tractor Supply with some corner metal. And a-welding we will go!

Dadfsr
07-13-2009, 07:51 AM
I have a 62" Toro walk behind that I have to get a welding job done on every few years (had it for 15). It just takes finding the right person that understands mower frames and almost anything can be welded back together. Check with your local golf course, municipality or university-something tells me that you will find someone that has the knowledge to put back together.

lyube
07-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Just replace the mower..

Or weld it. Welding would take not very long and be cheap. Replacing the frame or the mower would not.

gotshakes?
07-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I have 2 toro frames.1 is a 52 complete the other is just a carcase, I use for a cart.

I read this add a while back and now I see it again. I am in Florida that might be a problem.