PDA

View Full Version : anyone every do a nascar paint scheme on their mower?

lawnwizards
06-07-2009, 10:41 PM
personally i would never do something on a mower that i use commercially but i was thinking of buying an old lawn tractor and doctoring it up to look like the office depot # 14, after my favorite driver tony stewart. anyone else have this idea or have actually went throught with it? would love to see pics or what you'd paint yours up to look like. thanks.

randy.

clcare2
06-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I know this old guy that rebuilds old simplicities and sells them at swap meets. Any ways he has an a this old like late 30's shvey pick up that he hot rodded and just for fun he fabbed up a body for his mower that is exactly like the truck. He pulls the mower in a trailer behind the truck to car shows. The mower still mows grass, but only to prove that it can.

redmax fan
06-07-2009, 11:35 PM
SMOKE OWNED POCONO TODAY Thumbs Up:gunsfirin

i just roll with my smoke sticker on my vehichles back window
and my tony stewart tshirt . but ide be totally for a #14 paint
job on a speed boat . i still gotta find an avatar replacement
pic for his old home depot car

ALC-GregH
06-08-2009, 09:06 AM

I've raced with Tony Stewart before. You may not know this but he owns a radio controlled track and hobby shop and hosts one of the largest dirt oval r/c races in the country! He can't wheel a r/c car like he can the real thing. Got his azz handed to him a few times. :D

GracesLandscaping
06-08-2009, 11:20 AM

GOOOOO SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinkup: i wish my exmark was painted up like the 14 car! lol but i probably wouldn't ever even mow with it if that was the case then id have a 9500 dollar mower to look at! lol the smoke sticker on my windsheild is enough i suppose!

Wizz
06-08-2009, 01:03 PM
A nice shiny M&Ms paint scheme and the #18 would be cool to represent the Dominator.

Congrats to the #14 this weekend, that victory was sweet.

Quality Cuts PLS
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Hustler gave one away with Richard Petty's paint scheme a few years back.

kaferhaus
06-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Why?

Guess I'll never understand the Idol worship thing.... I'm as big a sports fan as anyone but I never buy anybody's "merchandise" never ask for an autograph or even a handshake and no way would I put even a sticker on my vehicle,mower or anything else I own claims that I'm a fan of so and so..... who really gives a crap?

So some guy drives a race car really well, or hits a baseball a gillion feet.... he still puts his britches on the same way you do.

I'll never understand folks who try to live vicariously through someone else or think they're sharing someone else's accomplishments because they're a "fan"...

Guess it's me but BFD.

lawnwizards
06-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Why?

Guess I'll never understand the Idol worship thing.... I'm as big a sports fan as anyone but I never buy anybody's "merchandise" never ask for an autograph or even a handshake and no way would I put even a sticker on my vehicle,mower or anything else I own claims that I'm a fan of so and so..... who really gives a crap?

So some guy drives a race car really well, or hits a baseball a gillion feet.... he still puts his britches on the same way you do.

I'll never understand folks who try to live vicariously through someone else or think they're sharing someone else's accomplishments because they're a "fan"...

Guess it's me but BFD.

because its fun. just because you like sports doesnt mean you worship the participants. besides, sports give you more reasons to make hot wings and drink beer. :laugh:

kaferhaus
06-08-2009, 09:34 PM
because its fun. just because you like sports doesnt mean you worship the participants. besides, sports give you more reasons to make hot wings and drink beer. :laugh:

I agree, but painting something you own to match someone else's race car? How stupid is that?

Slathering your truck with "dale jr." stickers or whoever? get a life guys.

I love sports, especially college football. I like movies too..... rode the elevator with Donald Sutherland back in 1982 at the Fairmont hotel in San Francisco.... just the two of us all the way to the top floor. I'm a huge fan of his. What'd I say? "Have a nice day!" he responded "you too.... and thanks" The meaning I took was "thanks for not pestering the crap out of me".

I always taught my kids to never "look up too" a professional athlete or celebrity. Admire their work yes, but most of them are dumb as rocks or certainly no more intelligent than the average guy on the street.

Quality Cuts PLS
06-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Mow for Victory Tour Mower

http://www.mowforvictorytour.com/images/Petty-_lg.jpg
http://www.mowforvictorytour.com/images/Petty43-lg.jpg

Wizz
06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
I think most of these people are just kidding and speaking of doing it hypothetically just for amusement.

kaferhaus
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I think most of these people are just kidding and speaking of doing it hypothetically just for amusement.

I sure hope you're correct in that.

flyboy
06-09-2009, 07:59 PM
I sure hope you're correct in that.

I hear you. We were out in the middle of nowhere (50 miles from Fallon, Nevada) and Phil Jackson walked in to the resturant for a burger. People started hassling him for an autograph and picture. You could tell he wasn't too happy because he had his girlfriend or wife with him.

A nascar mower is a little "over the top." A hat is about as far as I go on the driver worship.

SKYNYRD
06-09-2009, 10:52 PM
personally i would never do something on a mower that i use commercially but i was thinking of buying an old lawn tractor and doctoring it up to look like the office depot # 14, after my favorite driver tony stewart. anyone else have this idea or have actually went throught with it? would love to see pics or what you'd paint yours up to look like. thanks.

randy.

do a search for racing mowers, u'll prollu find something like this

tacoma200
06-09-2009, 11:03 PM
No but I like my Richard Petty avatar......

SKYNYRD
06-09-2009, 11:07 PM
No but I like my Richard Petty avatar......

dude! that's awesome:usflag:

although i find it ironic u posted right after i posted and earnhardt tractor;):laugh:

JeffNY
06-09-2009, 11:47 PM
If you ever think about painting your mower like something from Nascar.........you might be a redneck.

IJS.

ALC-GregH
06-10-2009, 08:48 AM
I've thought about a full body wrap for my Scag done up in the American flag! :D