PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo & Google adwords

cmar2cmar
06-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Anyone had any luck with either of these?

LBLC_LCO
06-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I've been running google adwords for about a month and a half or so. I have had pretty good luck with it. I would say most of my phone calls have come from people just searching google for specific things.

I currently have the ad off until I come up with something new. Trying to keep track of which ads do better.

cmar2cmar
06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
I have mine set up for specific services. So far, lawn care, sodding, mulching, & landscaping. The different campaigns.

Hopefully I will get a few calls this week for either of those specific services. I should as I have bid to be on the front page of a lot of the searches for the services I am campaigning for.

Thats all I would expect this time of year being as most that want a weekly service already have that set up with someone.

I set everything up this weekend and started them today so we will see. Seems more and more people are using the internet to find services and more and more are getting away from the traditional ways of looking for services like the phone book. My brother has a tree service and pays over $600 a month for advertising and to me it seems most are looking online and not in the phone book. Of course that is just my opinion that the phone book is beginning to become "stone age ish".

Woody82986
06-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I used Yahoo adwords until my website hit the top of the regular yahoo search results naturally. I would say half the clicks I got resulted in at least an estimate request.

cmar2cmar
06-08-2009, 10:50 AM
I used Yahoo adwords until my website hit the top of the regular yahoo search results naturally. I would say half the clicks I got resulted in at least an estimate request.

Did you get a decent amount of business out of it? Or enough to pay for the ads, ROI?