PDA

View Full Version : Any Recommendations on ZTRS or Front Mowers that can tackle lots of Slope?

FairGreen Inc.
06-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey guys,

I may have a deal go through where I'll have to mow the hillside of what used to be a garbage dump. The cuts will be required once a month and I would estimate it would take approximately 4 hours of continous mowing side to side on a decent slope.

I need suggestions for something that I can be sitting down and feel safe and secure without giving me the feeling of tipping over.

If you guys can shoot me some ideas that would be great! :)

gene gls
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey guys,

I may have a deal go through where I'll have to mow the hillside of what used to be a garbage dump. The cuts will be required once a month and I would estimate it would take approximately 4 hours of continous mowing side to side on a decent slope.

I need suggestions for something that I can be sitting down and feel safe and secure without giving me the feeling of tipping over.

Abei tractor..........

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-08-2009, 09:09 PM
exmark next lazer z with a big deck!

doubleedge
06-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Ventracs and Steiners have optional dual wheels that allow them to mow steep slopes.

4seasonsmgt
06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
honestly i know it is gonna take some time so u need something rider friendly, but my exmark walk behind handles slopes awesome, extremely better then my rider. Both have 60" decks, but maybe an wheel behind a good walk behind would suit you.

heather lawn sp
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Tire choice is just as critical . Try carlisletire.ca for choice. Their head office for Canada is located in Waterloo Ontario

ZTR_Diesel
06-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Probably a good choice would be a nice compact utility tractor with a mid-mount 60 or 72" deck. Some manufacturers may offer a dual rear wheel option that would give even better stability.

Whatever you decide - it's imperative that you SCOUT the ground carefully beforehand, and flag any deep ruts, holes, etc and remove any large rocks than may be in the way. Otherwise, you may miss something very important. Go slow, take you time, especially intially.

tacoma200
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey guys,

We need to know how steep the slope is (in degrees). Saying it's a decent slope is too vague to give an accurate answer. Some pictures may help if you have any. There are mowers for extreme slopes but I don't know if that's what you are talking about.