PDA

View Full Version : Suspension seat

scagman52
06-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I am thinking of putting a suspension seat on my Tiger Cub. I'm looking at the Michigan seat or just a suspension kit and use my own seat. For those of you that have a suspension seat, what are your thoughts? Are they worth it or should I spend a little more money and get an air ride? Thanks

djflats
06-08-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't have a Scag but a Cub Cadet Tank. I had a suspension seat kit put on it and made a lot of difference. It sure helped the ride.

ToroLandscaper
06-08-2009, 05:36 PM
I am thinking of putting a suspension seat on my Tiger Cub. I'm looking at the Michigan seat or just a suspension kit and use my own seat. For those of you that have a suspension seat, what are your thoughts? Are they worth it or should I spend a little more money and get an air ride? Thanks

I have had both, the full suspension seat and then the suspension seat kit.

The suspension kit (which is really only a base) works okay, but I do not really think it is worth the money, if you are going to spend money on a more comfortable ride you might as well do it right and get the full suspension seat.

I have a Toro Suspension Seat (which is made by Michigan Seat Company, but it just has a Toro logo on it) and it works really well. Definitely worth the money, especially if you are on the mower for long periods of times and/or working in rougher terrain.

I bought another Toro very long ago and it only had the stock, and man I thought I was about to DIE. I can not imagine going back to not having a suspension seat, they are worth it to say the least.

Also, lets say you decide to sell the scag or something, most full suspension seats made by Michigan Seat Company will fit on about all the major ZTRs.

Hope this helps a little.

ed2hess
06-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I was wondering the same. I have the full monte on our Scag Tiger Cub 61" and the ride is pretty good. But I wondered if it would make much difference on the 48" due to the tires being smaller. These irrigation trenches in texas are killing my back.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
400.00 is a lot of money.

djflats
06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
400.00 is a lot of money.

I got the kit plus installation for $200.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I got the kit plus installation for $200.

The kit? Not sure what your talking about. Please enlighten me. Thanks

djflats
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
The kit? Not sure what your talking about. Please enlighten me. Thanks
As I stated earlier it's for my TANK M48. It's a suspension kit that utilizes the factory seat. I have it on my CC, I don't know is it's universal though. I got it from my CC dealer.