PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z master bagging system

just4funthen
06-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Anyone have a toro z master that bags 95% of the time? Do you blow through the belt that drives the blower vac? We go though about 2-6 belts a week per machine. We power wash that blower and tubes regularly and still break them. I found that cog belts last twice as long but still break. Personally, I think Toro can and should have built something better. I have even gone as far as changing pulley sizes (with Toro's permission) but still no luck. If it wasnt for the belts breaking so often, I would have said that this vaccum system is better that the old lesco peco system. Anyone have ideas/suggestions?

JDiepstra
06-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Wow that's awful! I assume you have checked ALL pulleys for play and to see if they are at all seized up? I haven't broken a belt on my bagger vac in two years. Only use it in November and April though.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-08-2009, 06:37 PM
i have to say that there must be somthing wrong ! or you just bag in serriously overgrown and rough conditions.

i know that if the blower isnt mounting on the deck right it will blow the belt really quick from the heat and friction. that why a cog belt will last a little longer they arent stronger they just hold the heat off better. you should check to see if the mounts are worn or bent. also if you have over a certain amount of hours on a blower they are usually beat that could be it just worn out mounts and moving parts that make for a belt to go. i had similar issues with a dixon blowing blets and i switched to a cog belt and it lasted longer after i rebushed all the tensioners i never had that problem again and i went back to a solid mower belt.

just4funthen
06-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Everything is aligned right, bolts are snug, pulleys were all replaced and new. Not mowing through fields, just normal cutting anywheres from quater inch to 1.5 inches of grass. Do remind that we bag all day everyday, 40-45hrs a wk. I think its due to the elevation change. Between the deck and the blower there is a about 3 inches of dif.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-08-2009, 07:15 PM
yeah i bag all week with my little dixon in rough condtions and i really dont have any issues, im sure youll find it!

jon schuler
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Toro z500 with turbo force deck. We bag most of ours and the only time they break is when they get put on wrong. This is with the newer style where the fan spins around similar to the blades, the fan belt does not make a right angle. The old style where the fan was on its side and the belt was longer and took the right angle, seemed to chew belts when I had one, and it was almost every couple days. We had all sorts of stuff adjusted and replaced until I said screw it and went with the new style.