PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Scag Guru's

hoosierscooter
06-08-2009, 08:21 PM
So I have been looking for a used Turf Tiger 61" Kohler/Kawai. either motor is fine . The better deals are on the Advantage . I have read where everyone raves over the Velosity. My question Is it worth $1000.00 more for
the Velosity. What makes it so much better. I have a 48" advantage now on a tiger cub & it seems to do fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
06-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! The only thing I like with the advantage deck is on my 36". The rest clog up. Wish I could replace all mine with the velocity.

James

P.Services
06-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss

Mike Blevins
06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Had the advantage on my Wildcat. Now have the Velocity Plus on my Tiger. Yes the Velocity is worth the money. It moves massive amounts of grass wet or dry. i hope Scag don't pull an Exmark and try to re-invent the velocity plus.

djagusch
06-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I have a the 61" advantage and rarely have issues with clogging or build up. I think it depends on how the lawns are kept up or area your in.

TaylorLawn
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I have heard good things about the velocity, I currently have 3 SCAGS (2 Turf Tigers and a Walk Behind and all have the advantage, (velocity was not available when I purchased these machines)....However, I have not had any issues with them at all, and they get a lot of use......I

ProTouch Groundscapes
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
the velocity deck is a miracle.

we have had massive amounts of rain here early spring with growth approaching 6-10 inches per 7 day period. we have a 48" ferris ztr and a 48" scag pro v walkbehind, we wouldnt even bother pulling the ferris off the trailer during that time.

the deck is also good at leaving a manicured cut b/c of the vacuum it produces, i use mine with the front baffle in the lowest position combined with hi lift blades and it leaves an awesome cut and stripe.