PDA

View Full Version : Any problems with the new Toro Grandstands?

delphied
06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
I havent seen anyone writing in about problems with the new Grandstands. Are they that good? I would like to hear from owners please.

delphied
06-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I see people are raving about the cut as well. They dont rave about the Toro zturns cut nearly as much as they do the Grandstand cut.

brucec
06-09-2009, 03:46 AM
I had a grand stand all weekend for a demo and the cut is incredible!!!

delphied
06-09-2009, 10:05 AM
IM STARTING TO THINK THESE GRANDSTAND THREADS ARE MADE UP FLUFF to try to increase sales. I mean how can there be nothing wrong with the design of a newly launched mower?

ed2hess
06-09-2009, 07:36 PM
It took me almost two years to get fed up with our Wright. First is was little stuff then as time went on more stuff. Then one day I looked at it and said enough and we mowed back to WB units. Those darn little units that are all compacted up are just too difficult to service. Needed a fork lift to put on the darn hydro idler pulley.

lilweeds
06-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Just some minor issues with loose hardware and one missed weld on my machine. I am happy to report I will be adding a second GS to my fleet! It really is a great mower.

Chicagolawns
06-09-2009, 09:24 PM
You've really got to demo one to know how nice of a machine it is. I've never owned a Toro product before I bought a Grandstand and I really don't know how their sales are going. All I know is that it cuts like no other mower I've had, and is very comfortable to use. Mowers are like trucks though. Some guys are chevy, some are die hard Ford, to each his own. I go for the most productive.

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-09-2009, 09:32 PM
My only problem is getting one to demo....it seems as soon as they go out to demo they get bought

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Finally have a demo scheduled next week

jbell36
06-10-2009, 04:49 PM
we have two and they are great, but yes there are a few flaws, definitely not bad enough to dislike the machine though...we have had some loose hardware and a few recalls, minor stuff though...i will say the hydros don't match up, at least in reverse, it just seems like they looked past that part, and they are all the same way I tried a few others at the dealer and it was the same thing...i don't like how you have to lift the entire engine to raise/lower the deck...a floating deck would be nice, how the turbo force deck is setup on the operator right side is like a shovel (it's a piece of metal that is made to hold a bagger) and it just digs up the ground, whereas if you had a floating deck with scalp wheels the problem would be solved, it just seems like common sense to me but apparently toro hasn't caught on to it yet...also when the deck is in the upright load position on the trailer and you go over a bump it falls down to where you last had it set at...could maybe go a little faster but other than that, and really it's small small problems, it's a great machine, i would definitely buy another, speaking of they are coming out with a 36" and a 60" next year, hopefully with floating decks but we will see...

delphied
06-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks for that information. I guess every machine has things you learn to deal with. Floating decks must be hard to incorporate into a small frame stand on. Would it be a major step up from my TTHP with Proslide as far as productivity and ease of operation?

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I use to have all Toro WB Prolines......but when it came time to upgrade I was never interested in sit down Zero Turns. Had Toro been making a Stand-up mower then I would have bought it... I will probably to buying a GS next week....