PDA

View Full Version : "Name these spots"

jabbo
06-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Fertilized late april with 29-0-5 by recommended rate.We have had a good bit of rain since then with some days without sun and these spots are popping up in some spots but not in all. Any idea??? Thanks...

jabbo
06-08-2009, 08:22 PM
more pictures

jabbo
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Anybody have any idea what this might be???

mdlwn1
06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Old Dollar spot...Leaf spot...not really sure. Bottom line...if its getting worse and you arent due for a feeding..treat it with propiconizole or 3336g (chem name escapes me). Keep in mind any prolonged sun or lowering of humidity will help a lot.

dKoester
06-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Go organic and make some corn meal tea. It will get rid of it fast. Here's the recipe; 1 cup corn meal to one gallon of water, let it sit for 24 hours, then spray problem solved. If you don't have any corn meal use milk 3 ounces of milk per gallon of water then spray. You can also use cornmeal as a fertilizer. Its mainly used as a fungicide.
Corn meal can be dry spread at a rate of 10-20 pounds per 1000 square feet.

RAlmaroad
06-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Old Dollar spot...Leaf spot...not really sure. Bottom line...if its getting worse and you arent due for a feeding..treat it with propiconizole or 3336g (chem name escapes me). Keep in mind any prolonged sun or lowering of humidity will help a lot.

This would be Cleary's. Add some mancozeb and use both for one month, follow the next month with Eagle + daconil followed by the third month of Heritage. Then back to rotation. However these are all water soluble and applied at very high pressure. I think he needs some advise on a granular product that can be used with a spreader.

RigglePLC
06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
If this is dollar spot--don't rotate to Heritage--it does not work on dollarspot. Most of the strobins do not control dollarspot. They are great on brown patch, though.

What kind of grass is this? Rye? Fescue? St Aug?

jabbo
06-10-2009, 04:10 PM
This would be Cleary's. Add some mancozeb and use both for one month, follow the next month with Eagle + daconil followed by the third month of Heritage. Then back to rotation. However these are all water soluble and applied at very high pressure. I think he needs some advise on a granular product that can be used with a spreader.
The granular would be nice... But lets say that I left it alone and we had dry weather for the next few weeks, would it fix itself or not????? If not I have a buddy that has a rig to spray it with...

jabbo
06-10-2009, 04:11 PM
If this is dollar spot--don't rotate to Heritage--it does not work on dollarspot. Most of the strobins do not control dollarspot. They are great on brown patch, though.

What kind of grass is this? Rye? Fescue? St Aug?

10 year old centipede!

RAlmaroad
06-10-2009, 04:23 PM
The granular would be nice... But lets say that I left it alone and we had dry weather for the next few weeks, would it fix itself or not????? If not I have a buddy that has a rig to spray it with...

Why not try that corn meal...I checked it out from Texas...don't know...it may work, may not. If worse comes to worse your lawn would rise and the Hot Georgia sun would bake it into muffins. Give it a try for a week or so and if still there call that friend with the skid and hit it with the Eagle repeat in about 10 days. A pint only costs about $70 from Lesco so just cover the whole lawn while he's at it. Read the label. Lesco does have a granular (T-Storm) which is Cleary's 3336 which would be a good rotation after the Eagle that you can use the spreader. However, spreaders will not get the fungicide down the soil where the fungi spores multiply.

dKoester
06-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Basically with cornmeal you are cultivating good fungi that attack bad fungi. The good fungi eat away at the cell wall killing the bad. Very fast and affective. After you have cured the problem continue to use cornmeal as a rock solid preventative.

jabbo
05-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm bringing this thread back up because this stuff that I had last year is back and in the same spots!!!! I was planning on spraying it when it got alittle warmer because I thought it wouldn't have started up this quick. So do any of you know what this is, or does it really matter, just needs to be treated???? Thanks...

mdlwn1
05-12-2010, 04:45 PM

dKoester
05-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I explained what to use. Are you overwatering?

RigglePLC
05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Jabbo,
so sad to see that again. I am not qualified to fly this grass. But...
http://www.centipedegrass.com/maintenance/

Still, I suspect brown patch. As mentioned below--the most common disease if overfertilized (centipede does not like fertilizer), also if temps are above 80 and humid.
http://www.walterreeves.com/lawns/article.phtml?cat=30&id=104

I hope this helps you, Jabbo.

jhailey1
05-19-2010, 10:08 AM
use propiconazole 14.3 for brown patch or take all patch.

tdkx
05-22-2010, 12:30 AM
It is dollar spot. Fertilize your way out of it. Check the watering schedule if it is irrigated and move the start times closer to dawn. If need be, apply chlorothalonil. This is usually not a serious fungal pathogen.