PDA

View Full Version : Echo equipment starts rough

towtruck212
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I have all echo trimmers and blowers and I like them, but every time you pick the trimmer or blowers up you have to choke it and warm it up again every job. I know you should run 89 octane for gas but that did not help. I have done complete tune-ups on them ( fuel filter,air filter and spark plug ) same business. any help appreciated

thanks,
Mike

JDiepstra
06-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I have the same problem on all of my echo sticks (3) and chainsaw. But not the hedge trimmer

J&R Landscaping
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
My Echo Trimmer can sometimes be a pain. (3 yr old SRM 210)

From the 2nd house on, I generally choke it. Hold full throttle and pull it. With in 2 pulls it fires and kicks off. Throw the choke to about 1/4 and pull it again. Still holding full throttle. It starts, I might have to rev it a couple times before I can take choke off 100% but then its usually good. It still has the Exhaust screen in the muffler. No trimmer guard.

Running 89 octane and the echo power blend oil. Its been pretty consistent for starting so I'm not sure if its normal or not.

TPS
06-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I had similiar problems once and I believe I had a bad gas to oil mix. To much oil. My next can, they all ran fine. Stupid mistake on my part.

freshcut419
06-08-2009, 11:19 PM
thats funny all my echo stuff does the same thing . im thinking of switching to another band next time i buy something

sfddelta1
06-08-2009, 11:35 PM
my dad bought a bunch of echo last year when our truck and trailer got stolen. I think its the biggest peice of junk there is. I am a firm blvr in Red Max

E

luis@NJ
06-09-2009, 12:30 AM
I get the same thing! I feel it cools down to fast :dizzy:

brentsawyer
06-09-2009, 08:04 AM
had countless different trimmers and none are as bad as the Echo is at having to restart even in middle of the yard when I go from edging to trimming and rotate the trimmer to fast. Really frustrating and I mentioned this to the dealer and he said that's the nature of Echo. Really don't like it either but I will hold onto it and see how it lasts.

The mayor
06-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I know what you mean about having too put the choke on. That choke leaver gets very heavy by the end of the day. If I do 12 lawns...by the end of the day I am exhausted just trying to remember to put the choke on when I start my trimmers. Darn echo equipment.:dizzy:

JDiepstra
06-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I know what you mean about having too put the choke on. That choke leaver gets very heavy by the end of the day. If I do 12 lawns...by the end of the day I am exhausted just trying to remember to put the choke on when I start my trimmers. Darn echo equipment.:dizzy:

You fail to understand the problem correctly. Thanks for being useless. :hammerhead:

Miket163
06-09-2009, 10:38 AM
My brand new SRM-230 has the same issue, yet once it is running it blows every commercial Stihl (2 FS80r and FS90 4mix) i have had out of the water. I guess its something i have to live with. BTW my Stihl BG86 blower has the same issue and its new.

JeffNY
06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
My trimmer is a pita sometimes to start, hedge trimmers fire right up, and the blower starts first pull every time.

Tharrell
06-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I have a pb750 that is getting to be multiple pulls. It probably needs a new plug.
I run Robin trimmers and I have a unique starting story for you that may apply.
I have a Robin that's several years old but always runs well. It's been a booger sometimes to get started though. Sometimes it's just me not turning the switch on though.
Here's the rub, I recently bought another unit just like my original (2450) and actually read the manual!
I started using the start postion lock on the handle and the old one starts up just fine. Who knew reading the manual would actually be a benefit? ha ha ha
I know some of you out there are just like me too!!! Tony

JDiepstra
06-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh for goodness sake I guess I should have read my owners manuals. My Echo's are running much better since I started running 89 in them. DOH.