PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a Vacuum?

LouisianaLawnboy
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I was passing down the road the other day and found a Giant Vac for sale on the side of the road. It has a 6.75 b/s and is less than a year old. He said he paid over 550.00 for it.

I was wondering if you guys use a vacuum, and if you think I should get it. I was thinking of maybe using it in the Hurricane season for clean ups in the event we get one.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
http://www.giant-vac.com/products/vacuums/consumer_vacuum.php

There is the specs. I know its a consumer model, but I won't use it that much.

mowerdude777
06-08-2009, 09:49 PM
get it I never thought I needed one and last fall I got a residental one for 50 dollars and I would be lost doing cleanups with out it

4.3mudder
06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
I would offer 350 and see what he says.

Looks to me like an off brand billy goat. Briggs are OK engines, I don't recommend them because they are primarily consumer engines, but since you won't be using it that much it should be not problem. Keeping fresh gas in it and the oil checked and changed when needed are the keys to a lasting engine.

I tell you this, I needed on bad the beggining of this year. I was actually looking into a leaf loader. there are like 2 or 3 on ebay that I like, but the price is very high. I planned on buying a cheap trailer from harbor frieght and building a wooden box on it, mounting the loader on the front, and pull it with the ztr to do clean ups. I missed out on a couple deals they had on some billy goat vacs around here. 250 they went for, with a HONDA engine! Man, I wish I could have had one.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I would offer 350 and see what he says.

Looks to me like an off brand billy goat. Briggs are OK engines, I don't recommend them because they are primarily consumer engines, but since you won't be using it that much it should be not problem. Keeping fresh gas in it and the oil checked and changed when needed are the keys to a lasting engine.

I tell you this, I needed on bad the beggining of this year. I was actually looking into a leaf loader. there are like 2 or 3 on ebay that I like, but the price is very high. I planned on buying a cheap trailer from harbor frieght and building a wooden box on it, mounting the loader on the front, and pull it with the ztr to do clean ups. I missed out on a couple deals they had on some billy goat vacs around here. 250 they went for, with a HONDA engine! Man, I wish I could have had one.

He only wants 200.00, he paid 550.00 for it. I think I'll try to get him to go to 150.00.

ALC-GregH
06-09-2009, 09:11 AM
He only wants 200.00, he paid 550.00 for it. I think I'll try to get him to go to 150.00.

don't be a Jew. Give the guy what he wants. I mean he only wants less then half of what he piad and your going to Jew him down even more. :rolleyes: Think about what you would do if you were selling it!

LouisianaLawnboy
06-09-2009, 09:13 AM
don't be a Jew. Give the guy what he wants. I mean he only wants less then half of what he piad and your going to Jew him down even more. :rolleyes: Think about what you would do if you were selling it!

Don't be a racist!:mad:

I get what your saying though.

Oh, and I have "bargained" with people when selling my stuff and buying other's stuff.