PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else food problems?

New_Business
06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Anyone else out their having troubles making ends meat? i can't seem to ever find enough customers because of this economy and I am not having any luck with life. OH yeah, my mower broke today

JDiepstra
06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Time to get another job...........

kaferhaus
06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Well if your screen name is any clue..... being new in a business that's already over saturated in most parts of the country is tough. The "newibes" are falling left and right here. Some gettng caught without licenses and insurance, some from ineptitude and most from the already saturated market.

Everyone thinks it's easy to grab a mower and go make a living. It was never easy.... even when most people wanted nothing to do with this business. Now unless you're already established and have a "buffer" of accounts it's hard for most guys to pay the bills that have been doing this for several years already.

Fortunately is hasn't had much effect on the larger guys like myself. Yet.

bighaydenslawn
06-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I am new as well, and young. This is not just my "summer job" like my friends call it, this is what I love doing.

Times are getting tough for me as well.

Losing an acct or two because "social security check ain't coverin the mowin bill"........

equipment is still going good. glad i bought decent stuff when i could.

i have a handful of profitable, multi-service customers, now i just need about double them.

freshcut419
06-08-2009, 11:15 PM
all is well in south east Michigan I dont get home till 830 900, 5 days per week and 9 to 6 on saturday I am turing down the extra work eveyone keeps asking me to do. Still picking up lawn jobs thu all my accounts neighbors..

redmax fan
06-08-2009, 11:45 PM
dry beans / brown rice / boiled potatoes / dark greens / tomatos / bananas / peanuts in shell is a cheap healthy diet , i lived on that no frills diet and water for over a decade when i became a vegan 15 years ago . it might end up better for ya being broke a while as youll eat healthier then if you had alot of cash and were eating like all kinds of donuts and drinking unhealthy pop and other junk

plant a garden , big as possible . www.willhiteseed.com has good and very cheap seeds

the jobs do have use your whip to really get in the nooks and crannys of the yard , really clean them up so that youll get people seeing good jobs and theyll want to hire you

put the word out youll just whip / edge / blow yards of people that want to cut their own . alot of people just want edging and even with hand tools you can do the job

its darkest before the dawn dude :weightlifter: