PDA

View Full Version : Wealthy mowing down South

tacoma200
06-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Well just to give you an idea of how laid back it is here I have included some pics of one of the wealthiest businessman's home in this area. Yes he has his own jet but has an employee cut grass with a tractor. No stripes, very big lawn with a winding private drive, but I have no Idea how many acres. Lawns are basically pasture here and require little upkeep.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
06-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Thats a nice shack

WGLandscapeMaintenance
06-09-2009, 01:02 AM
MAN!!! As soon as you get done cutting, you gotta start all over again :hammerhead: :eek:

greenred
06-09-2009, 04:17 AM
Wow with that drive way you could jog out to get your news paper in the morning and jog back and stay in awesome shape.

Richard Martin
06-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Why are you taking pictures from the outside? Make that man a deal and get in there and cut that grass. I used to look from the outside at the nicest property in my area. Through a little luck and knowing what I wanted to do I ended up cutting that very grass.

kaferhaus
06-09-2009, 07:43 AM
We cut a few about that size. Batwing reel mower towed behind a tractor. Leaves a much better cut than you'd think.

sfddelta1
06-09-2009, 08:45 AM
heck yea it does. they mow almost the entire athletic grounds at the school i work partime for.

mdlwn1
06-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Thats middle class up here! I doubt that guy is gonna pay someone to cut his lawn...he has a guy for a reason.....everything...at a fixed cost.

ALC-GregH
06-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Nice Tacoma. Heck, I'd take on a job like that. I mean, work for someone with that much property. You could be their personal gardener! :)

mdlwn1
06-09-2009, 09:21 AM
I am..:waving:

tacoma200
06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
He has a lot of employees so I guess he is paying the guy $8.00 and hour, just a guess. No our rich do not compare to the Hamptons, but we get a lot more for the money. You can buy a home here at 1/4 the price of even parts of Florida. He uses a tractor and several small independent decks towed behind (they were using bush hog but he's moved up). He bought the houses that were blocking his view and had them moved or tore down. I'm in a small rural area so he doesn't even compare to the rich in Lexington's horse country which includes Arab sheiks who have unlimited wealth and control the horse auctions. They fly planes nicer than air force one. The barns in Lexington are worth more than any home here and are air conditioned/climate controled such as this picture. Rich in NY and KY are different of course.

mdlwn1
06-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Wow...8 bucks an hour.......I know its apples an oranges, but up here we pay the bottom guys 20.

tacoma200
06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Wow...8 bucks an hour.......I know its apples an oranges, but up here we pay the bottom guys 20.

We are just west of Appalachia, the rural South is very poor in comparison to the North East. His average employee makes less than $10 per hour with no benefits. Any job between $10-20 in this area is considered very good money. Then again you can buy a very nice home for a little over $100,000. I have traveled all over the country and that is just how it is. I wouldn't trade places with most people in the North East. This home goes for well under 200k. It has a lake view.

ALC-GregH
06-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Tacoma, why is the grass so long? Boy the TT cuts nice. Is that dirt packed in the tires? :nono:

mdlwn1
06-09-2009, 11:55 AM
under 200k for that house?.....Im frikkin drooling!!!!! That house where I am is 1.1...with no view and 25-35k in taxes...and the smeel of car exaust that you just never get used to.

ALC-GregH
06-09-2009, 12:43 PM
How much property does that place have?

mdlwn1
06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
LMAO! 1/3 acre!

TheC-Master
06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
We cut a few about that size. Batwing reel mower towed behind a tractor. Leaves a much better cut than you'd think.

I wish the people doing the university in our area did a better job with their batwing mower, they do a very bad job on most of it and don't maintain it properly. Obviously I'd never be productive on something so large with a 36". I don't believe it is reel though.

Wizz
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM
WOW...very nice home/property, look at all that space. WOnder if that has an irrigation system?...would hate to see the water bill.

JonathanW
06-09-2009, 01:40 PM
tacoma that house down here would be around 70-80 without lakeview...add lake maybe 110-120.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-09-2009, 01:51 PM
that blue house where i am from is 300k with just the property shown no more! if that was at the lake in the adirondacks it would be 750k all day. that one big yard with the 1/2mile drive is awsome.

JonathanW
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
that blue house where i am from is 300k with just the property shown no more! if that was at the lake in the adirondacks it would be 750k all day. that one big yard with the 1/2mile drive is awsome.

makes me love the south.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-09-2009, 02:12 PM
this is my house

JonathanW
06-09-2009, 02:14 PM
this is my house

and how much did u have to pay for that?

i'd estimate 150-200....maybe 250 or 3 if in a super nice area for the south to get that. how much land and sq ft of house and i can estimate better.

mdlwn1
06-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Thread officially hijacked....thread over.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-09-2009, 02:25 PM
its 2700sqft maybe more i forget and about 3 acres mowed all the land behind it is my uncles and it is miles of fields wet lands etc. but believe it or not it is 1/4 mile from the highway that runs paralell to my house my equipment dealer is 7 houses down but you cant se it because of the hills. i am in a city but not in a city hard to explain wal mart is 2 mile from me with taget and lowes even closer, homedepot pricechopper there all right ther too. my uncles napa store has a private road from the back of my house right to it and my equipment dealer alos is right off of our private road but it leads to the back of his place where he has all the huge equipment. i love it here. that picture is from the main raod i live on the private road is in the back. one thing that is awsome that the best restaurants in town are in walking distance! and right at the end of the private road one of them sits, its right across the street from my uncles napa.

tacoma200
06-09-2009, 07:41 PM
WOW...very nice home/property, look at all that space. WOnder if that has an irrigation system?...would hate to see the water bill.

They don't irrigate here.

tacoma200
06-09-2009, 07:55 PM
tacoma that house down here would be around 70-80 without lakeview...add lake maybe 110-120.

Your in the South also, so yes, I can believe that.

tacoma200
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Tacoma, why is the grass so long? Boy the TT cuts nice. Is that dirt packed in the tires? :nono:

This guy has been trying to sell this house for a long time and finally gave up and moved to Texas where his wife works. Now he has two mortgages and ask me to just knock it down once a month. This is how it looked after 20 days during the the time we were having so much rain and I couldn't let it go any longer. I'm in this area every 10 days and this was how tall it had gotten when I skipped one time. At the time both my mowers were covered periodically with grass and mud from some commercial jobs. We had so much rain we were declared a disaster zone/area and many roads washed out and we had landslides in the mountains. The growth rate for grass was unbelievable. I don't remember if that was grass on the tires or not. The lot is about 1/3 acre with the back of it probably joining government land that surrounds the lake. This guy was very good to me while he lived here and even gave me a lot of furniture when he left for Texas so I'm really just trying to do him a favor by keeping it under control while he makes two house payments.

LuvMyFerris
06-10-2009, 09:06 AM
its 2700sqft maybe more i forget and about 3 acres mowed all the land behind it is my uncles and it is miles of fields wet lands etc. but believe it or not it is 1/4 mile from the highway that runs paralell to my house my equipment dealer is 7 houses down but you cant se it because of the hills. i am in a city but not in a city hard to explain wal mart is 2 mile from me with taget and lowes even closer, homedepot pricechopper there all right ther too. my uncles napa store has a private road from the back of my house right to it and my equipment dealer alos is right off of our private road but it leads to the back of his place where he has all the huge equipment. i love it here. that picture is from the main raod i live on the private road is in the back. one thing that is awsome that the best restaurants in town are in walking distance! and right at the end of the private road one of them sits, its right across the street from my uncles napa.
After all that you still didnt say how much you paid for your house? I expect upwards of over $500k...?

Tacoma200 good job for helping that guy out, it looks great BTW.

ALC-GregH
06-10-2009, 09:23 AM
yeah, no doubt your doing a nice job on it. I love seeing that tall grass in front of the Scag. :D
It's hard to believe that house isn't selling. I want to move to a different area locally where I'll have more property. I have a 1/3 acre lot but my neighbor's are 20ft away on either side. It su.cks living this close. My wife likes it here (go figure) and doesn't want to move. When I say likes it here, I mean the town. She still doesn't want to move. I just wish the neighbor's were not so darn close.