PDA

View Full Version : Does your skin feel like it's always burning?

hummingbird3d
06-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Ever since I have started this lawn care business my face, hands and arms feel like they are sun burned all the time. Now I always wear a large brimmed hat gloves and a long sleeve shirt and now sun block, but still my skin feels so sensitive to the sunlight even from inside of the house. Are you guys feeling this too?

MowHouston
06-09-2009, 02:35 AM
I get my first sunburn of the year out at the lake or the beach then the sun doesn't bother me from then on.

But yeah, put some sunblock on.

MileHigh
06-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Wear long sleeve shirts and you will eventually stay much cooler.

I dont know what to do about the face besides sunblock and hats.

greenred
06-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Ever since I have started this lawn care business my face, hands and arms feel like they are sun burned all the time. Now I always wear a large brimmed hat gloves and a long sleeve shirt and now sun block, but still my skin feels so sensitive to the sunlight even from inside of the house. Are you guys feeling this too?

Are you on any kind of medications? Some medications make you much more sensitive to sunlight.

If worst comes to worst check to make sure you still have a reflection in the mirror and your teeth are not getting pointy. Never know if you got a new neighbor in your area from Transylvania :dancing:

mdlwn1
06-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Are you on any kind of medications? Some medications make you much more sensitive to sunlight.

If worst comes to worst check to make sure you still have a reflection in the mirror and your teeth are not getting pointy. Never know if you got a new neighbor in your area from Transylvania :dancing:

I was sooooo gonna say this.......

LONEMAN
06-09-2009, 07:25 PM
FYI- glass filters out the UVB which is what your body needs and allows the UVA, which you don't want to come in contact with your skin. Most sunscreens only block out the UVB and prevents the critical vitamin D your body produces. I suggest you go outside until your body turns a bright pink color before applying some organic sunscreen (I recommend Aubrey Organics). It may take some time but as long as you don't burn from being outside, you will be fine. Do a search on Mercola, where there are more details regarding this topic.

kb9nvh
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Get the "roof" option to bolt onto your ROPS

Wear long sleeve shirts and you will eventually stay much cooler.

I dont know what to do about the face besides sunblock and hats.

david shumaker
06-09-2009, 09:39 PM
My face feels kind of "itchy" from the sun even after applying sunblock. My eyes always feel like they have something like dust in them. I don't know if the eye thing has to do with cutting grass or not.

KCfireman
06-09-2009, 09:41 PM
only when i'm in a fire.

cgaengineer
06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Try drinking more water.

kb9nvh
06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
I got sensitive to the sun after I got a boat and spent every weekend on the water.
Arms got itchy and stayed that way until winter. Dermatologist said it was dry skin. All I know is after the first good sunburn of the year I was screwed. Now I cover up and don't do a lot of sun worship. Sunblock for the face and long sleeve shirts for me..

ed2hess
06-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I use coppertone 60 and big hat and a cloth to keep the sun off my
neck/ears etc. I still feel a burn on my neck everynite when I come in. Apparently the uv is going straight in.

Hawg City Lawns
06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
i dont believe in sunscreen which will prolly come back and bite me someday but i do believe you need to build a tolerance to sunlight you will eventually become not as sensitive

LONEMAN
06-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Your diet also has a lot to do with it.

lilwill12
06-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Engine vibrations will also cause this condition, and eventually lead to nerve damage. Check and make sure all of your equipment is proper working order, ie blades balanced and sharp, engine tuned properly (not just your mower, but all of your equipment). Also do you do alot of trimming? I have noticed when I take on a large trimming job my hands and arms tingle for several hours after.

will