PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Illumination

Mike M
06-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I am now working on two customers for antique & vintage lighting. I am also pulling out all guns like, "I'm not paying to ship these 5,000 miles. I'll be in the arctic by August first, so let me know soon if you can help me get rid of them... I even have professional, contractor grade transformers which were only used for demo lighting... I have a 30 gallon fish tank that would look great in this kitchen..."

Anyways, AJ just sent me the specs for those new tiki torches by Unique, which I can see looking awesome, and I will be trying to "up-sell" a couple of those out of the box, too. The basic theme is that they are saving chunks of money on a lot fixtures, so it's "okay" to buy some specialty ones, too, for a "complete" lighting system. The psychology is nuts out here.

JoeyD
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
The Islander Tiki Torch

http://www.theliteprogram.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87

NiteTymeIlluminations
06-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Mike, what are you talking about...antigue vintage, pulling out guns, fish tanks...???

are you looking for something, advice, or what?

Mike M
06-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Sorry, Doug;

I ramble. Just brainstorming a new idea. I have demo fixtures lying around so I thought I would push them as my own economic stimulus. I have a demo tonight and the guy buys a lot of second hand stuff.

I am moving to Alaska and I don't want to haul my demo stuff everywhere, however I will be trying some marketing and installs there.

While speaking of unloading my demo stuff, I was informed of used or demo stuff that may be piled up at other places. I have no problem installing brass, copper, bronze fixtures that have been used a little.

I never even thought of all the surplus materials which may be available to us.

BrandonV
06-10-2009, 09:20 PM
The Islander Tiki Torch

http://www.theliteprogram.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87

is that available yet? I have a job where I want to recommend it but don't see it on your website yet... didn't want to sell something I can't deliver on.

Mark B
06-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I got some prices on the fixture today. I hope they go for it. I might have to have one for a demo. I could add it to the job and that could be a present for them. That was a brain fart.

JoeyD
06-11-2009, 10:43 AM
is that available yet? I have a job where I want to recommend it but don't see it on your website yet... didn't want to sell something I can't deliver on.

Yes its ready to roll out...List price is $398.00

It will be on the web shortly.......

BrandonV
06-11-2009, 10:06 PM
thanks joey FIS should be contacting yall shortly about that.

JoeyD
06-12-2009, 10:29 AM
You got it Brandon!!! Let us know how you like it! Its an awesome light!!

Mike M
06-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Joey, not only did I get the job installing nice demo/pre-owned fixtures, but the client wants to go with a few of the Tiki lights as well, for a brick patio area they dedicate for oyster roasts.

I know they are kinda new, but do you have any used tiki lights lying around yet? (lol)

JoeyD
06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
No used ones just yet!! LOL We do have out test products but those will continue to be used in the field so we can monitor the patina process......

BTW we pot the oil container on these Tiki Lights so you dont have to worry about the oil eventually seeping through the welds or anything causing corrosion!!

These lights are already selling like crazy!

irrig8r
06-15-2009, 03:25 PM
How does it compare side by side with a Nightscaping Tikiliter? Theirs is copper and runs about $50 less (list price).

http://www.nightscaping.com/tikiliter_cu.htm

JoeyD
06-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Well looking at that link I would say ours Looks better and has a better cap design....

We use bi-pin lamps (35w Xelogen included) w/ Copper Berylium sockets accepting up to an MR16 vs. a SC base on the NS.

We give you 25ft of wire.

We make it in Brass and Copper as well as all powdercoat options....

Instead of being a pole you slide into the ground we give you a Perma Post with Brass Cap to hold it in place and mount it.

Our oil canister is fully potted to ensure no corrosion over time......

Our top threads onto the stem with no ugly set screws........

We give a 2" weathered brass surface area before the white powder coat helping reduce glare when putting them in the ground at an angle....

Ours is avilable in both 12 and 24v.....

no unsightly couplers in the middle of the stem....

Other than that they are pretty similar?!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/Islandercataloguepga.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/TikiTorch2.jpg

Mike M
06-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Joey, would the bracket/mount you have for the 5' area lights work with the tiki lights, too? I'm looking at a raised brick patio.

JoeyD
06-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes sir it would!!!!!

JoeyD
06-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Here were some Islanders that were installed by our customer Harold Salkin of CLA Corp...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/Islander.jpg

Lite4
06-18-2009, 10:39 PM
I can see a few bucks placed in that corner of the yard. Nice pic

TXNSLighting
06-19-2009, 12:29 AM
They look awesome Joey! I tried very hard to sell a couple on tonights demo, But they just dont want Tikis...o well!

JoeyD
06-19-2009, 10:30 AM
The Centaurus were existing and then he recently added the Islander's...I think he could now remove the Centaurus'.......but the Islanders are awesome! And the copper version is now availble but I like the brass way better!

Mike M
06-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Joey, awesome pics!

Here's a quick tip, I can tell everything is perfectly vertical since all lines are parallel, but use the easy rotate/adjustment feature on your photo software to do your install justice, or it looks like everything is leaning. (I'm a little OCD.)

I hope to have islander and vanguard installation pics sometime soon!

Mike

JoeyD
06-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Cant wait to see them!!