PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Spindles

Wheelers Lawn Service
06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
What is a good quality replacement Exmark spindle? I have found some made by Oregon 82-346, that range anywhere from $55.00 To $100.00. I also found one that uses p/n 10-10785 that start around $100 and go up. Does anyone know the difference in quality for the price difference?

I need to change one out.
Thanks

exmark 1
06-09-2009, 11:37 AM
My servive reps said do not use aftermarket spindles use exmark they are made a lot better and they are not supposed to go bad

Wheelers Lawn Service
06-09-2009, 02:18 PM
The one I have has a quite a bit of play in it. I have not taken it apart yet. to see if it is the bearings are shot and\or maybe the shaft os worn.
The mower is 7 years old and the this is the first trouble I have had with the deck.

Richard Martin
06-09-2009, 02:21 PM
My servive reps said do not use aftermarket spindles use exmark they are made a lot better and they are not supposed to go bad

They may not supposed to go bad but they do. A lot.

Number of Dixie Chopper spindles replaced... 0
Number of Exmark spindles replaced ... 6

Wheelers Lawn Service
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
What did you use when you replaced yours?

Switft Creek...I am orginally from Rocky Mount

Richard Martin
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
What did you use when you replaced yours?

Switft Creek...I am orginally from Rocky Mount

We put Exmark spindles back on.

Ahh... Swift Creek. It's pretty long here in Eastern Carolina. Somewhere along it's length is where I live. Security reasons, you know what I mean.

You do know that most people move from Ohio to North Carolina and not the other way right?

Wheelers Lawn Service
06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Security reason = protection program!?! I was transferred up here in 1990.. Hopefully can retire in a few years and move back. Wife is from Morehead City, she still has family there.

Where do you get your BBQ from or do your own?

Where do you get your Spindles from? How much do they run ya, ball park guess/

Thanks

Richard Martin
06-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Where do you get your BBQ from or do your own?

Where do you get your Spindles from? How much do they run ya, ball park guess/

Thanks

B's Bar B Que over in Greenville. I've tried a whole bunch of them and none compares to B's. Their pork bar b que literally melts in your mouth. It has a nice smokey flavor, just a hint of vinegar, no fat or gristle and is so tender it's unbelievable. The sandwiches are fat with pork too. No small portions for anybody.

The "World Famous" Skylight Inn in Ayden sucks. I'm told it was much better back when Pete Jones was alive. We picked up 3 sandwiches from them and the dog got most of it. The first bite I took came up with gristle and that's as far as I got.

We got our Exmark spindles from Kohler Equipment in Upper Marlboro, MD. That was some time ago so I don't remember how much we paid. Exmarks are now gone.

Wheelers Lawn Service
06-10-2009, 07:15 AM
I heard B's was outstanding. Might have to stop by when we come down in July. Usually we cook about 110# pig for the reunion and bring some back.

We use to stop in at Ayden to eat when it was a small hole in the wall. They had some high top tables and the couter to eat at. If I remember correctly, it always had a "B" Sanitary grade. They redid the palce and it did not seem as good then. There was another place to eat in Aden too, I can't remember the name.

Use to eat at Peadens in Greenville out on 11.

kaferhaus
06-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Exmark doesn't mfg spindles, nor does any other mower mfg. The mower mfgs merely "spec out" a spindle and they're all off the shelf items from a spindle mfg.

If you've found different spindles that "fit' then I'd make a call or send some emails and ask what the difference is.

Most of the spindles are made in China......