PDA

View Full Version : Strip Mall Pricing

RocketLab
06-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Been in business for 1 year this week and running about 85 customers (residential) on a biweekly basis. Get a call today from a man that owns 3 strip malls all within 5 miles of each other. Know idea how to price competitively but I really want these if I can make some money.

All 3 centers are fairly large, 2 have national franchise type gym's and 1 a church as lessee's. Not sure how to describe the size better than that. Guess I can do some research on the lot size.

How do most of you price these and what kind of payment terms?

Thanks in advance.

VirginiaLawnCare
06-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Go measure it and figure it out on how long its going to take. Most around me pay on a 30day cycle and are on a year round contract.

If you have 85 customers already you should know how to price something to make money. Around here someone like me or you wouldn't have a chance to win a bid like that because the big boys like valley crest would come in and scoop it up.

RocketLab
06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
What throws me off a little is the amount of small esplanades to mow which shouldn't take too long except I can imagine the amount of trash to pick up is time consuming.. However the number of shrubs is maybe 50-75. They are all in bad shape now.

VirginiaLawnCare
06-09-2009, 09:02 PM
What throws me off a little is the amount of small esplanades to mow which shouldn't take too long except I can imagine the amount of trash to pick up is time consuming.. However the number of shrubs is maybe 50-75. They are all in bad shape now.

Well it could be a good paying job if you bid it right if you underbid it by a lot and got it, it could turn into a big headache.

Biggest thing you need to do is figure out close to how long its going to take you. Once the shrubs have been trimmed the first time upkeep of them should be easy.

GracesLandscaping
06-09-2009, 10:50 PM
the best thing for you to do is kinda walk around the properties and "imagine" you were weedeating/edging/mowing/picking up crap/blowing. you might look like a dork but if you underbid yourself, you will be wishing you had done so. and if you have been in business 1 year and have that many accounts without buying them... congrats cause thats unheard of!!!!

bohiaa
06-09-2009, 11:09 PM
also remember there will be people and cars around, you have to STOP while someone is walking close to mowers. this will slow you down, and there is a HUGE liblity that you MUST factor in...

one broken window will KILL your profet for the WEEK....

Best of luck