PDA

View Full Version : cobalt simplicity

helmlawncare
06-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Just asking if anyone has one or knows anything about how they mow?

helmlawncare
06-10-2009, 02:48 AM
No one has an opinion on this mower??????

SILVERSTREAK INC
06-10-2009, 08:27 AM
dont know about the cobalt, but i have been using the next model down, a citation 52" for the last 2 weeks while my mower has been in the shop for a warrenty issue...the mower im used to using is a 2006 60" exmark lazer or 2007 scag wildcat

my buddy has the citation for his 1 acre home, which it does a nice job on, i dont think it would last long in a commercial world

the hydros seem weird, as in not as powerful by any means, while the speed is there, say, going from forward to reverse to do a k turn it doesent respond well, i have to pull the lever all the way back to get reversing then let up so i dont do a burn out....which it does a lot, even when slowing down quickly in forward, the 21hp vanguard motor seems like enough power to get the job done...though the measly 6.5 gal tank gets me through 3/4 of a day before needing to refill, which gets annoying

another problem was the deck, im used to cutting my lawns on a 1 week cycle, which proves to be too much for this mower...every mow i do i need to double cut, as between the first and second blade, it leaves a windrow of clippings it cant get to discharge, i cleaned and fluidfilmed the deck, put new mulcher blades on, and also recently went to high lifts to help this problem out, and it still leaves the clippings, so a double cut is needed to disperse. if the lawn is sparse, its not noticable, as the roller kit leaves a nice stripe.

another plus is the cupholder and the ride, the suspension makes for a less sore back at the end of the day

dont know what a new cobalt costs, but id invest in another brand of commercial type mower...hard for me to say, as im a simplicity guy who grew up on a 17hp hydro soverign cutting 5 acres every week...that tractor and i had been through everything till the kohler finally got tired, some 25 years later

helmlawncare
06-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks. I noticed the hydo was funny! I think the sim is a little heavier but i think a bad boy or scag is more what i need!! the sim is around 8900. But i can get a used tiger cub for 7000. well think i just answered my own question. Lol Thanks