PDA

View Full Version : this was foolish..but not really?

mowisme
06-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I just finished a customers lawn and his neighbor lady (elder) comes over to me. After bit of small talk (I could tell she didn't feel well) I was asked to mow her lawn this one time. She was feeling ill and didn't think she could mow it. I had bit of extra time anyway so I told her I'd charge her same as neighbor. She said she didn't have cash but check- I said no problem..elder and in a established home for years. As I was mowing I felt I needed to give her a 'lift'. After I got done..I told her I don't want to charge her under these conditions. I know she usually keeps her lawn mowed, but sickness was getting her down. She was bewiltered and so thankful. I know This is not going to 'pay' my bill's..but then again I would rather take the hit if I know in my heart I did a good thing to help someone. For all the Christians..through this act of kindness I did inform her God Loves her. Long story short: She is going to put me on a mowing schedule so when I mow her neighbors..I mow hers too (she needs to see if she can swing it) or at least occasional mow if needed. ($40 for 1/2 hour mow). Foolish or not..Somehow money took a back seat this time. Geno

kaferhaus
06-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Well if you landed a customer seems like two good deeds to me. Usually doesn't work out like that though.

Sammy
06-10-2009, 08:29 AM
That was nice of you.
It never hurts to do a good deed now and then.

bohiaa
06-10-2009, 08:41 AM
We do free work all the time, however there is NO such thing as free work.

wait untill your city needs help with clean ups, non profet items.

what it does is give you thousands and thousands of dollars in advertisement

and it warms the hearts of many

kjslawn
06-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Good Job It Will Come Back To You

MOW ED
06-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Nice job. Its nice to help someone out occasionally. She wasn't looking for a freebie and you did her a favor. Its a good feeling to occasionally help someone out and this does come back to you in many ways.

Allens LawnCare
06-10-2009, 09:39 AM
The best part is she wanted to pay you, Free stuff is bad when people expect it!!!
And you got a customer out of it, Good for you!

bighaydenslawn
06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
That sounds great.

Anything you can do to give yourself a good name,
I have found, you need to try and do.

Z-Man
06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Remeber you can never outgive God, as it says in Matt. 25:40 "The King will reply, `I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Good job.

lawns Etc
06-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Last season I ran a free ad in the local paper for people to nominate a family in need for free lawn service and a landsacpe job at the end of the season. I had many people reply and several for one family who we ended up mowing their grass all year and gave them about 30 shrubs and perenials with mulch included. To say the least the family was very appreciative and we landed alot of customers just from doing that familys lawn. I contacted 2 local suppliers and they were glad to donate any plants at no charge they both said come and pick out what ever you will need and a couple of other buisnesses donated cash for us to forward to the family. Needless to say I put about 20 mows at 1/2 hr each and 1 full day 2 guys doung the install I made no money but my family is proud and feels great about what we did. The local paper ran a before and after and interview with us and the family with positive outcomes for both.

STIHL GUY
06-10-2009, 11:33 PM
well you did a good deed and got a customer out of it

Synergy Ground
06-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Even if you did'nt get the account, you made the right choice.