PDA

View Full Version : for those who use stihl trimmers....

mcgruff
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
do any of you use the fix cut head that uses the 8 inch pre-cut line?

all you have to do is insert a new line it claims.

any pros and cons that I should know about.

thanks in advance for the replies

kaferhaus
06-10-2009, 02:12 PM
They're a pain in the ass. You have to carry a pocket full of strips around with you all the time and you're constantly changing them.

Bump feed is the only way to go.

Wizz
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
They're a pain in the ass. You have to carry a pocket full of strips around with you all the time and you're constantly changing them.

Bump feed is the only way to go.

Agreed, a royal pain..they don't last long and those strings are expensive compared to regular trimmer line. Craftsman used this design as well.

DRBLawnBuster
06-10-2009, 03:16 PM
i used to have a craftsman with that type of head, it sucked but i never accually bought the string in the bag i always cut my own off of my real

flyboy
06-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Agreed, a royal pain..they don't last long and those strings are expensive compared to regular trimmer line. Craftsman used this design as well.

They are a complete waste of time. I agree that bump feed is the only way to go.

4.3mudder
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Nope, I use the standard 25-2 auto cut head. No problems with them. The botton spool will get worn out overtime if you bump it too much on hard surfaces such as concrete or brick. Other than that, they are easy to use and easy to reload. Less than a minute it takes to reload.

saylorsdad
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I have a large commercial property that takes me 2.5 hrs to trim I started with the quick feed and it sucks. last year I switched to auto cut c tap and go head. I will not use the easy change line anymore
Posted via Mobile Device

bighaydenslawn
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I just use the AutoCut 25-2 head, I am still experimenting with line though.

Fairly easy to reload and pretty well built it appears.