PDA

View Full Version : Scag velocity 61 vs exmark 66

tjlco
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
what to buy....an exmark with a 66 inch triton deck, with a mulch kit. Or a scag 61 from a dealer who sucks and is far from where I work. I could also go with an exmark 60 inch with and ultra cut. All of these will gor abou the same price

bighaydenslawn
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I was going to say the Scag velocity, but if your dealer sucks then I would go with the 60" exmark ultracut. Do a search on the triton, not a lot of people like them. IDK about your southern grass (bahia maybe?) but I demoed a Scag velocity and it is hands down the best mower on Northern grass IMO.

tacoma200
06-10-2009, 06:39 PM
I would stay away from the Triton even though they do OK in Florida. No one wants a Triton and it will just hurt you in the end (resale). Dealer support is everything.

newtostone
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I would love to own scag but I have been down the road of a dealer that does care. Went to exmark and they are a world of difference. 60" ultracut.

Littleriver1
06-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I had a 66" eXmark and sold it and got another Scag TT Kaw 29. I'm happy now.

Mike Blevins
06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
You got to go with the Exmark and dealer support. I agree with the ultracut deck, I wouldn't touch the Triton with a ten foot pole with a Badboy on the end of it. Thats a big reason why you see so many Scags around here. The dealer support here is absolutely the best it can be. Its a shame that your Scag dealer isn't any good, I was going to welcome you to the Scag family but with the two mowers your looking at I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. So dealer support should be the deal breaker.

tjlco
06-10-2009, 10:44 PM
I have 2 scags now...love them, but one is starting to really give me headaches, its old with 3800 hrs, all original. But its the little things that add up pullies, slipping belts leaking hydros, electrical issues, and so on. I bought them both new and can't remember having ANY warranty issues. So buying from a dealer far away is a chance I may take. Its just the shop I like and go to regularly is awesome. I can bring anything there and most times the mechanic will stop what he's doing to get me going. He's an exmark dealer. My scag dealer is further away and you need to take a number and wait 2 weeks to get a repair. But it would be a scag, so I shouldn't be spending to much time there.....and from reading everonrs responses....NO TRITON FOR ME..SO ITS DOWN TO 2

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-10-2009, 10:55 PM
if your dealer sells exmark try a new lazer out with a ultracut serries 6 ! i would do business with whoever is the best to deal with.