PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB46ht piston damage!

ELACESAR
06-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Hello all can anyone give me an idea because my great Echo blower would not
start no matter what i did.. I checked to make sure that I had a good spark and what I found was that on the muffler side I could see scoring on the piston(probably the compression problem)!! I could find a piston kit for it but do you think that the same thing would happen to the new piston!! Thanks everyone for any help..

ed2hess
06-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Well what do you think happened? It just wouldn't start all of a sudden? How old is this unit and what kind of oil are you using? Very seldom is it necessary to replace a piston unless you ran it with raw gas and damaged the piston but that doesn't sound like what happened. Usually you can replace the rings and hand sand any damage in the cyclinder. Are you sure you don't have cranshaft seals out on side or the other?

ELACESAR
06-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks a lot.the cylinder is still smooth but the piston is badly scored probably by the busted rings.do you think I would be okay with new rings or should I get a new piston also?
Posted via Mobile Device

supercuts
06-10-2009, 09:07 PM
id go piston and ring. it could have been some fluke that yours just happened to break. or you could have ran straight gas.

ELACESAR
06-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device