PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer plus-hedge trimmer attachment for Stihl

darrenjohnsonn
06-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I have a Stihl 130 I was sure how much i would have use the Articulation Hedge Trimmer Attachment so i went with the cheap brand from lowes. I took the quick change shaft off which leaves it just as the original one from stihl. It goes on the same but for some reason it seems to be pulling hard when you first gas it up. Not sure how the Stihls version works but does this seem right....Seems very heavy too. But 120 dollars less. Is the one from stihl worth the extra 120 if not used alot?

Icepuck72
06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Yes, and I love mine. Why would you buy a nice trimmer, then cheap out on attachments? When will people learn??

4.3mudder
06-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Mine works great, paid itself off years ago. Well worth it not climbing on ladder.

darrenjohnsonn
06-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Are they heavy or is it most likely just the knock off that is heavier. This one is 5.6 lbs...and I have decided its going back.

STIHL GUY
06-10-2009, 10:18 PM
how much did you pay for it??

bighaydenslawn
06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Need more input on this.

I have the Stihl FS 90R (solid shaft trimmer, NOT Kombi) and I am seriously considering getting the 0 degree hedge trimmer attachment. I would get the 135 degree but the 90 doesn't accept it.

I have been getting a lot of calls for tall bushes and long hedges, and I need something bigger than the old B & D batteries. :hammerhead:

If I go this route, I do not want to go ahead and spend another $300 on Stihl HS 45.

Do ya'll think with some maneuvering can you use the extended easy enough on small bushes? If not then I guess i could just use the B & D's.

I really think this could be a profitable purchase, just wanted some input.

darrenjohnsonn
06-10-2009, 10:27 PM
99 dollars and for the question about a 90...I was informed over the weekend that stihl had stopped making the gearbox attachments for the straight shaft...one of the dealers told me that they said to buy the kombi system attachment and take the extender off and you had the same thing as the old gearbox attachment...but on the other hand stihls website still show them being made....dont know whats true. I think they both are about the same price.

STIHL GUY
06-10-2009, 10:31 PM
tell me how it works out for you

redmax fan
06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
i was just at dealer thinking about the fs130 with the zero degree hedge attatchment , plus edger attatchment . would use as a full time stick edger / heavy duty whip when needed / hedge trimmer when needed . but the dealer quoted something like 780 and it got iffy real quick :dizzy: