PDA

View Full Version : few more pics

M&S landscaping
06-10-2009, 10:29 PM
wish i could have made this walkway a little more detailed, i tried to convince the customer. but i still like how it came out. i am adding in a cobble apron in the driveway. i will have pics

Steiner
06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Lines look good in the patio/walk but your base looks less than desirable. I would put in at least a 6" base of heavily compacted run and crush (gravel with fines included) then angular concrete sand as per ICPI guidelines. Using a good quality geotextile fabric may also help reduce callbacks and settling.

New construction near houses is tough, I like to wait a year or 2 as the area around the house settles due to excavation usually about 3' away from all exterior walls. You may have some settling occur.

GMTA
06-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Looks as though there is no base product other than the screenings used for bedding. I would be worried with new construction settling even with geotextile fabric, proper base product/thickness, and bedding sand.....so for you to ignore aspects of the job I am worried you will get settling issues. Lucky for you it is only a small area. I do really like the variations of color in the pavers!!!

M&S landscaping
06-11-2009, 07:22 AM
thanks for the feedback! dont be misguided by the how the base looks infront of the walk. there is a 8'' base compacted under the walk. i threw down what you see infront because the driveway has not gone in yet so i wanted a smooth transition to the walk.

kootoomootoo
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
blaming the customer in this thread too i c.

wurkn with amish
06-12-2009, 08:57 AM
how are those cobbles gonna stay put when they were just laid on the ground?