PDA

View Full Version : Who actually likes their dealer??

Green Machine Mowing
06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Theres a story behind this, will post it later, when i have time. Please answer the title for the time being

2low4NH
06-11-2009, 05:37 PM
i like my dealer he is great. always takes care of me when ever i have a problem and he stocks almost every part i could ever need. and he is only five minutes up the road from me.

GreenerSide
06-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Absolutely love my dealer. He will bend over backwards for me. If a mower breaks, he will have a replacement mower to me in no time and take mine to the shop. Get my equipment fixed fast. Can't say anything bad about my dealer. I guess thats why thats the only place I will buy anything.

DRBLawnBuster
06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
SAme here i love my dealer, he is alawys has the part i need and if he doesnt he can have it there in 1 day. THey also really back there product and are an all around good dealer

bpfaeh
06-11-2009, 05:44 PM
You struck a nerve here....

I have yet to find a dealer of ANYTHING that I like! I find that I am more knowledgeable about problems, parts, the way things work, etc. than they are and the grease monkey high school dropouts they have working on things dont know how to troubleshoot at ALL!! They just throw parts at things....car dealers, equipment dealers, shops....Im just not impressed at all.

Richard Martin
06-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I have a great dealer. The only problem is he's 350 miles away. That's the bad news. The good news is he will ship anything I need to my door for the same shipping fee as my local dealers charge to ship it to their door. Then I still have to drive 12 miles to pick it up.

metro36
06-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I have a great dealer. The only problem is he's 350 miles away. That's the bad news. The good news is he will ship anything I need to my door for the same shipping fee as my local dealers charge to ship it to their door. Then I still have to drive 12 miles to pick it up.

Same here. I have a great dealer who is 250 miles away. He will overnight parts to me if I need them. He gives me great service and prices. I have a local mechanic who is great so if I can't fix something then it goes to him and I have it back in like a day or two.

lifetree
06-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I like my dealer ... very knowledgeable and experienced with lawn equipment !!

Cuttinitclose
06-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I love both of my dealers; JD and Stihl. One is 30 miles and one is 7 miles away. Both of the salesman will bend over backwards for me.

supercuts
06-11-2009, 07:31 PM
love mine, smart mechanics, all the parts, fix things immediately

Daily Lawn/Landscape
06-11-2009, 07:37 PM
We have a great dealer in our area. He puts on a Pro Cutter University every February which gives us the opportunity to demo new equip., also has special pricing promo's during the show. He brings in speakers that will benefit our business in some way so you have the best chance of being successful. Thanks to Rick at Scotty's Lawn Equipment for giving me the right advice on equipment selection when I first started my business 8 yrs ago.

James

Littleriver1
06-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I actually like my dealer. I actually don't love them. They are very likeable but not loveable from a manly man point of view. The main thing is I can trust them to help keep me out of trouble and be truthful about what they are selling me. Quick service and always offer a free loaner with out me having to ask. I've been known to send some business their way.

Think Green
06-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I will respond without being biased.....................Hair "Yeah" we respect our dealer.
Over the past 30 years, of buying equipment from them, they take care of their commercial customers like us. They usually keep all parts on stock. There are times where they run shy of small nit-picky things, but what they hey, they are always there during those untimely breakdowns. Just last week, we threw a clutch on the Exmark. They jumped right on it the minute we brought it in. They know we are hitting the lawns hard, and always break their back to keep us going. This company is fully staffed with 6 full time mechanics and sales staffpeople. There are times, where sliding a twenty to the right people will help speed things along too. We buy bookoo's of things each year from them, so it is only fair to recieve extra attention. We don't go in there blowing our horn and beating drums. Most guys do this and they will only slow down. I view it like a good customer. If they are good payers.......pay on time..........give just as much as they take......they will get our upmost attention. This is how the wheel rolls.
The name of our Dealer in Northeast Arkansas is "Jonesboro Tractor Sales". They are one Hellova Bunch. Thanks to them................job well done!!!!!!

flyboy
06-11-2009, 08:45 PM
You struck a nerve here....

I have yet to find a dealer of ANYTHING that I like! I find that I am more knowledgeable about problems, parts, the way things work, etc. than they are and the grease monkey high school dropouts they have working on things dont know how to troubleshoot at ALL!! They just throw parts at things....car dealers, equipment dealers, shops....Im just not impressed at all.

I feel your pain brother. Young people today don't have any incentive to become a lawn equipment repairmen. Some dealers pay their employees minimum wage or slightly higher:hammerhead: I buy the parts and figure it out myself. That's why I try to buy good equipment so I don't have as many problems.

1993lx172
06-11-2009, 09:01 PM
My dealer is great, the sales guy is an LCO so he has experience with the equipment (JD) in a real world environment. The parts guys know me on sight by now, they don't even bother asking what model I have at this point. They always have what I need in stock.

Danscapes
06-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I love my dealer. I come right out and say it, it's Klei Mower in Cincinnati. The guys that work the counter are helpful and the techs are very knowledgeable. I buy ALL of my stuff from them and they also throw some referrals my way (as I do for him). They are also more than happy to sell you a part and explain how to fix your own problem rather than always selling their services.

BadRancher
06-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I like my dealer. They don't try to dick me around and are always straight forward. They don't try to pressure me into buying stuff and helped me work around my budget to get the neccesary equipment. When I bought my Metro it had a crack on the block and oil was seeping out. They got a new motor in and crawled Exmark's a$$ and then they called Kawi up about it. Every time I go by now they are like it's Chris... Then they ask how my Metro is holding up. Another good thing is the 2 stroke mechanic/sales guy is my neighbor. The best part is the place has been around for 40 or more years. Thats how you know they are a good dealer.

bighaydenslawn
06-11-2009, 09:48 PM
My dealer carries my two brands - John Deere and Stihl. He is very good to me.

Mike Blevins
06-11-2009, 10:35 PM
My dealer is the number 1 Scag dealer in Tennessee. Very impressed with him and his staff. Kawasaki - Scag factory trained technicians. Only sells Scag and Redmax equipment. Top notch bunch! Awsome dealership and service department! I'll put them up against anybody.

4 seasons lawn&land
06-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Absolutely love my dealer. He will bend over backwards for me. If a mower breaks, he will have a replacement mower to me in no time and take mine to the shop. Get my equipment fixed fast. Can't say anything bad about my dealer. I guess thats why thats the only place I will buy anything.

...and you get charged dearly for all that right? If not, I need to find a new dealer.

Jason'sLawnCare
06-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I love my dealers. They always seem to want to help me out and greet me by name every time I go there.

scagtiger
06-11-2009, 10:58 PM
my dealer is great! they have everything i need.. mowers trimmers everything at one place and i hardly ever have to wait more then 30 min to get something fixed!

Glenn Lawn Care
06-11-2009, 11:04 PM
i grew up with my dealers son and we are good friends. and yes i like my dealer. the guy that works for him... not so much

DLAWNS
06-12-2009, 12:07 AM
My dealer treats me very well. I enjoy doing business with them.

Green Machine Mowing
06-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Here's the story. I am solo and only do 6 weekly plus a handful of others on and off. Near the end of last season i got a trimmer and have only put a couple hours on it a week, (I'm not naming a manufacture, because so far they have treated me very well and don't want to tarnish their rep. over a poor dealer) It runs great, however if it warms up then it sits for 10 or 15 minutes it is difficult to start and will idle normally, however once i give it a little throttle it dies. It is difficult to bring in because there is such a small window because it warms up and cools down so quickly, I have a job where it is actually quicker to walk to my (old) dealer then drive. A few weeks ago i had issues and brought it by, he told me not to use the amsoil because it makes them run hot :hammerhead: (should have known i was in trouble then) Then told me not to run the line at full length because it doesn't have enough power for that, expecially at out elevation, 6,500 feet. Both total b.s. in my opinion, it does well in thick weeds at full length, and amsoil is just awesome. He fumbled with the adjustments, didn't seem to accomplish much except ***** about the "emissions crap". It hasn't had as many issues lately, however today it was really bad, would hardly run, so i thought great, I'm a minute from the dealer ill have them take a look, because its almost imposable if i try to plan it. i walk over there and i tell him that i paid $350 for the thing and that this is total crap, he started to wright down my name and number and said hed look at it this afternoon, i said no, you have to do it now, for it will run like a champ when you cold start it this afternoon, and that i need it, he handed it back and walked back to the counter. After getting it back i headed strait for the door :waving: never to return again.

I know that I'm small, but Ive spent over $500 there in the last year, just picked up a new blower a couple weeks ago, he couldn't start it up and mess with it a little. That 5 minutes of fiddling will cost him more then he ever thought. I will never spend another dollar there, plus i have a good influence over my family, friends and neighbors so a whole handful of other people also likely wont return either. If im lucky the brand will also pull their distributorship. They are acculy a small engine repair shop, that sells handheld and have only 2 trimmers on the "floor" and a handful of husky saws, pretty weak. Oh, and an old world lawn that has sat there for years. All he needed to do was say he was busy or headed to lunch or something, but he just let me storm out, with no remorse, off to bigger and better dealers! :cool2:

birdman0494
06-12-2009, 01:26 AM
just try to buy the parts online and if there are any orlando guys out here mainstreet mower sucks but theyre the only ones with ngk spark plugs i need

dishboy
06-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Here's the story. I am solo and only do 6 weekly plus a handful of others on and off. Near the end of last season i got a trimmer and have only put a couple hours on it a week, (I'm not naming a manufacture, because so far they have treated me very well and don't want to tarnish their rep. over a poor dealer) It runs great, however if it warms up then it sits for 10 or 15 minutes it is difficult to start and will idle normally, however once i give it a little throttle it dies. It is difficult to bring in because there is such a small window because it warms up and cools down so quickly, I have a job where it is actually quicker to walk to my (old) dealer then drive. A few weeks ago i had issues and brought it by, he told me not to use the amsoil because it makes them run hot :hammerhead: (should have known i was in trouble then) Then told me not to run the line at full length because it doesn't have enough power for that, expecially at out elevation, 6,500 feet. Both total b.s. in my opinion, it does well in thick weeds at full length, and amsoil is just awesome. He fumbled with the adjustments, didn't seem to accomplish much except ***** about the "emissions crap". It hasn't had as many issues lately, however today it was really bad, would hardly run, so i thought great, I'm a minute from the dealer ill have them take a look, because its almost imposable if i try to plan it. i walk over there and i tell him that i paid $350 for the thing and that this is total crap, he started to wright down my name and number and said hed look at it this afternoon, i said no, you have to do it now, for it will run like a champ when you cold start it this afternoon, and that i need it, he handed it back and walked back to the counter. After getting it back i headed strait for the door :waving: never to return again.

I know that I'm small, but Ive spent over $500 there in the last year, just picked up a new blower a couple weeks ago, he couldn't start it up and mess with it a little. That 5 minutes of fiddling will cost him more then he ever thought. I will never spend another dollar there, plus i have a good influence over my family, friends and neighbors so a whole handful of other people also likely wont return either. If im lucky the brand will also pull their distributorship. They are acculy a small engine repair shop, that sells handheld and have only 2 trimmers on the "floor" and a handful of husky saws, pretty weak. Oh, and an old world lawn that has sat there for years. All he needed to do was say he was busy or headed to lunch or something, but he just let me storm out, with no remorse, off to bigger and better dealers! :cool2:

After running your trimmer set it in the trimmer rack running for a few minutes so it can cool down, I even use my blower to blow the cylinder if in a hurry. Air cooled engines are cooled by the flywheel, shut off the engine before cooling it down and heat soars. When it is cool the RPM's will drop, then shut it off.

kaferhaus
06-12-2009, 07:49 AM
And that's exactly why your dealer will always be "small time". He has a small time attitutde.

Now having said that we have no idea what your demeanor was when you went in there either.

I am guilty of being in so much of a hurry that I can get "obnoxious" without ever realizing it. I may be frustrated with a situation, time constraints etc and sometimes that comes through in your voice. the person on the receiving end of it has no idea that you're not angry or upset with them at all.... it will and does affect their attitude and it does everyone's.

I had my dealer (been doing business there almost 30yrs) pull me aside a couple years ago and ask "what did Jeff do to piss you off?"..... I said "what, I'm not pissed at Jeff, why would I be pissed off at him?" Well the service manager thought I had bit his head off for some unknown reason, knew I was the largest customer they had and went to the owner worried that I was going to complain about the service dept...

I had to go apologize to him. Now he knows that if I come in "in a mood"... it has nothing to do with him or the dealership.

djflats
06-12-2009, 07:55 AM
The dealer is the reason I still have a Cub Cadet. I haven't had any problems with the CC but the dealer is great. Since I just cut here at home I don't have a trailer. He comes and gets it to service it and brings it back. For the full service and pick up and delivery he charges me $150. He's been treating me and my Dad(now deceased)for this for the last 25 years or so. I have to admit, I'd like to get a Hustler but I can't leave a dealer with service like this.

djagusch
06-12-2009, 08:33 AM
First off my dealer is great. Will do mostly anything I need when I come in and stocks tons of parts. I also buy what he sells, one stop shop. Not buy a trimmer here, a mower there, etc. That doesn't build a relationship up when this stuff happens. The next dealer you choose make sure he has a good stock of equipment, that you would be willing to buy from so your getting everything from one source. Hopefully when you look around you can interview them a bit on the sales floor and talk to the service guys also. That way you have an idea if it will work out or not.

bladewrangler
06-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Although I've spent over $15k with my current dealer over the past couple of years I've dropped a trimmer off there and it's been 2 weeks before it's fixed. It's no wonder why they don't sell machines to professionals - poor and untimely service - with a capital S. My previous dealer, to whom I'm returning, worked on any of my machines as soon and I brought them in and if he wasn't 30 miles away I wouldn't have left.

ashelton
06-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I have a great dealer. Unbelievably knowledgeable, carries any part I have ever needed, and fixes most stuff by the time I can fill up my water cooler with free ice. He also gives a loaner if the fix will take much longer than a few minutes.

I like him so much, I put his logo and # on my trailer.

Think Green
06-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Poster,
If your trimmer runs great and then dies after so many minutes of running, the coil seems to be overheating. Has the dealer replaced the coil??
We have played this stupid @%$ game of factory approved oil vs. Amsoil vs. Stihl vs. Echo oil too many times. These dealers that want to play wording with individuals whom do not know about the truth........want to exploid you and your money. They try to cover your eyes with the crap of dealer to manufacturer warranty. As long as that oil is approved,.........and we know it is, then they either will fix that machine to give you another one..............SIMPLE AS THAT!
We purchased 3 Stihl FS 85 line trimmers several years ago, and neither of the 3 ran worth a crap. They tried to give us the same ole line of not using approved Stihl oil in our machines. We battled back and forth with the manufacturer and this dealer. This guy changed out carburetor's---in line filter's--fuel caps--fuel line's, everything but the coils. The dealer was stumped as to why they didn't run after replacing all these parts at his cost. We returned 3 trimmers to him.........he returned them to Stihl and they told him that they had a bad lot of trimmers that hit the market........!
Stick to your guns....eithe pursue the issue or demand a new unit....!!!!

Green Machine Mowing
06-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Poster,
If your trimmer runs great and then dies after so many minutes of running, the coil seems to be overheating. Has the dealer replaced the coil??
We have played this stupid @%$ game of factory approved oil vs. Amsoil vs. Stihl vs. Echo oil too many times. These dealers that want to play wording with individuals whom do not know about the truth........want to exploid you and your money. They try to cover your eyes with the crap of dealer to manufacturer warranty. As long as that oil is approved,.........and we know it is, then they either will fix that machine to give you another one..............SIMPLE AS THAT!
We purchased 3 Stihl FS 85 line trimmers several years ago, and neither of the 3 ran worth a crap. They tried to give us the same ole line of not using approved Stihl oil in our machines. We battled back and forth with the manufacturer and this dealer. This guy changed out carburetor's---in line filter's--fuel caps--fuel line's, everything but the coils. The dealer was stumped as to why they didn't run after replacing all these parts at his cost. We returned 3 trimmers to him.........he returned them to Stihl and they told him that they had a bad lot of trimmers that hit the market........!
Stick to your guns....eithe pursue the issue or demand a new unit....!!!!

It starts and runs great, but once allowed to partially cool down, it has issues, i think that its in the carb somewhere.

MOturkey
06-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Great dealer, and alsthough we don't hang together, or run in the same circles, I consider him a friend and buy absolutely everything I use from him with the exception of engine oil. This includes 2-cycle oil, trimmer string, edger blades, filters, etc.

mowerdude777
07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I like both of my dealers, one has okay sales but excelent parts ans service, the other has awesome sales, but never has any parts for my equip

ixlr8
07-14-2009, 03:56 PM
My local JD dealer, 7 miles away, sucks. He seems annoyed if you go in and need something, both the sales and the parts depts. I have not tried their service dept yet, but based on very negative comments from my neighbors... I am not looking forward to needing any service from them. The next nearest JD dealer is 58 miles away. :( I am glad I know how to wrench and I am learning my way around the Z. My Husky WB has not seen the dealer since it was delivered 9 years ago. :)

rusty_keg_3
07-15-2009, 03:48 AM
We like our Dealer... Our dealer is a Small Engine repair place, they sell Exmark, and Stihl (what we use). They have lots of parts stocked... One time they ordered a carb for our Stihl Weed wacker, and forgot about it for a couple weeks... We went in to check on it and get some parts and they threw it on for us, and filled up the tank... Best part, he didn't make us pay for it, he pulled the "warranty card". So, yea we like our dealer...

And i know another guy who owns a repair place, and he sells Toro, Snapper, and Aerians... He sells me parts at cost... Its cool...

Trenchblade
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I love my dealers. It helps if you have known them for a long time. we have a deal with one of our dealers where they always put our stuff to the front of the line, some times they fix stuff while i wait right there, but my boss has known them guys for a long time and he has a deal worked out with them where they fix our stuff all summer and we pay them in the winter when they slow down and don't have a lot of money coming in. it works out great for all of us.

freshprince94
07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
I love my dealer.