PDA

View Full Version : Seen my first Toro Stander in action today

greenred
06-12-2009, 01:12 AM
I was out at our local Sam's Club getting a leaky tire fixed today, while I waited a LCO that I had never seen in town before came and started cutting Sam's grass. I noticed one guy is on a new Toro Stander and I couldnt help myself I just had to go pester him about it.

I went out and watched him cutting a decent slope going up and down it and it seemed to do pretty well. It left the normal Turbo Force deck cut, which is a high quality cut but those particular decks just don't seem to stripe in our area.

I waved him down and I didnt realize how big of a guy he was till he got off the Stander. Im 6'1 and he stood at least a head over me and was pretty beefy guy. I ask him how he liked the Stander and he said they liked it pretty well. He said at first they didnt like because the front end had a tendency to pop up on slopes. Then he pointed out that they had a weight kit from Toro added to the front, there were three plates and he said each plate cost about a hundred bucks which to me seems a outrageous price for weights. The gentleman also said that they had a guy on their crew who came from another LCO that used Wrights. He said the guys opinion of Toro verse the Wright was night and day. He said the comfort level for the operator on the Toro was much higher then the Wright. He also said that the Toro was a much more smooth ride then the Wright due to the design of the deck the operator stands on verse the Wright where your standing on a hard metal plate. I got the impression they were pretty satisfied overall with the Toro Stander.

After I felt I wasted too much of his time pestering him I thanked him for answering my questions and went back to waiting for my tire to get fixed.

VirginiaLawnCare
06-12-2009, 01:17 AM
I demoed one before and loved every minute of it but I am a little biased I only buy toro's.

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-12-2009, 07:06 AM
I bought one yesterday.......I will be mowing 17 lawns with it today.......

delphied
06-12-2009, 07:48 AM
I need to sell my TTHP before I buy one. Oh well.

Richard Martin
06-12-2009, 07:51 AM
It sounds like you got a lot of questions answered. Are you looking to buy one?

How come you were at Sam's Club getting a tire fixed? Were there no local businesses that could have used your business?

kaferhaus
06-12-2009, 08:15 AM

How come you were at Sam's Club getting a tire fixed? Were there no local businesses that could have used your business?

I agree! We buy all of our tires from a local tire company that has 7 stores here locally. Guess how I got that account?

While we do have contracts with some big chain stores they're very hard to come by and you usually have to work through a 3rd party.

Richard Martin
06-12-2009, 08:23 AM
I wasn't trying to beat him up over the tire repair. Maybe he bought the tires there and got free repairs or something. Sam's may have had the best prices on tires or something.

kaferhaus
06-12-2009, 08:25 AM
I wasn't trying to beat him up over the tire repair. Maybe he bought the tires there and got free repairs or something. Sam's may have had the best prices on tires or something.

yes... I kinda hi-jacked his thread too....

sorry bout that.

greenred
06-12-2009, 11:54 AM

Im not looking to buy one myself, but I was really curious to talk to someone that had experience with it.

As far as the tire, they fix leaks for free as part of my membership.

Richard Martin
06-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Im not looking to buy one myself, but I was really curious to talk to someone that had experience with it.

As far as the tire, they fix leaks for free as part of my membership.

Do you have a special membership or do they do that for anybody? I have a business membership.

greenred
06-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Do you have a special membership or do they do that for anybody? I have a business membership.

Nope they do it for all memberships. I have a business membership too.