PDA

View Full Version : K&N Air Intakes - '03 Chevy 2500HD

nnj18
06-12-2009, 09:51 AM
K&N makes two different intakes for the truck.

"FIPK" - 20hp @ 4900rpm
"77 Kit" - 15hp @ 5000rpm

Looks like the FIPK is the obvious choice but just wondering if I'm missing something here

CrystalCreek
06-12-2009, 05:55 PM
K&N has a bad rap for destroying engines prematurely. The have the lowest filtering of all the after market units. I would recommend Airaid, or S&C. I have even heard that Green Filters starting making filters again, which if that is the case, they were the original aftermarket air filters. I know of several people that have had warrenties voided with K&N. I know you may not have a warrenty, but why chance the engine? Airaid is what cleans my air. I am very happy with them.

South Florida Lawns
06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
K&N has a bad rap for destroying engines prematurely. The have the lowest filtering of all the after market units. I would recommend Airaid, or S&C. I have even heard that Green Filters starting making filters again, which if that is the case, they were the original aftermarket air filters. I know of several people that have had warrenties voided with K&N. I know you may not have a warrenty, but why chance the engine? Airaid is what cleans my air. I am very happy with them.

That is very true and a good point. I know that they are bad news with the 6.0 powerstroke diesels too. AFE makes a very nice product, I would reccomend that over airraid and K&N.

nnj18
06-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll look into them thanx guys
Posted via Mobile Device

OrangeToys
06-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I have an AFE and a throttle body spacer