PDA

View Full Version : Equipment and business plan

S man
06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Okay everyone knows I'm having probs with my exmark lazer and am starting to look elsewhere dealer wise. I am trying to sell my mower to no avail right now so my plan is to use it this year and dump it early next year grab a wright 36 rh when the savings are the best and later that year get a scag tiger cat 48". Both mowers will be purchased at the dealer I really like and are very professional right down the road from me. Also the dealer carries redmax which I love and snapper 21"s. I'll get a toro proline 21" at the small repair shop also really close and very professional. No more exmark and the exmark dealer. He talks about everyone's business and is like a barber shop talking too much about other lcos. I always run into one guy that goes to him and he heard about the rep and dealer when they came and looked at my mower and my lawns. So you know he's talking about me. Enough of that crap.

Anyway I have sold my old used phazer I had, pocketed some good cash and have sold the weird metro 21". So I am down to the lazer and snapper 21" for now and am just going to save everything I can. Next year I'm prob going to add a bigger trailer and get another truck. Chevy and gmc have awsome deals around christmas. And next year will be the year things finally get into place.

What ya think?

Lawn_Boy
06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
No offense but every other thread I read about you, you're getting another mower.

Pick one and make money with it.

S man
06-14-2009, 12:04 AM
No offense but every other thread I read about you, you're getting another mower.

Pick one and make money with it.

I would if my dealer wasen't a jerk and the machine would work right.

I have planned on keeping the exmark but it is not working right and the dealer and rep won't do anything about it.

CBB
06-19-2009, 07:48 PM
S Man

What's wrong with the machine now? Have you thought it may be the terrian you are cutting?

2brothersyardcare
06-19-2009, 09:34 PM
do we makes u happy

EVM
06-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Stop messing around with all of those other mowers. One piece of advice.... either Scag or Bobcat.

S man
06-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Well I've been really trying to work with the mower so I won't have to sell. Then I'll just add another mower 36" size later this year like a stander rh.

freshprince94
06-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I'd take it to a Toro dealer and see what they'd say...the Toro's and eXmark's are almost the same.

If the eXmark can't be fixed, I'd get the Scag and/or Wright.

exmark 1
06-20-2009, 09:29 PM
good luck i would stay with exmark but that is me and get a 60 inch nothing smaller just do what ever makes u happy

CBB
06-21-2009, 05:21 PM
I would if my dealer wasen't a jerk and the machine would work right.

I have planned on keeping the exmark but it is not working right and the dealer and rep won't do anything about it.

S Man

You need to read the other post you made about this mower, and reply to me and my comment. I want to know what the mower is doing/ not doing that you are seeing wrong. You should have called me instead of posting negative comments, especially when I have personally been through your machine twice and watched you cut with it on your own properties.

S man
06-21-2009, 11:59 PM
S Man

What's wrong with the machine now? Have you thought it may be the terrian you are cutting?
No because I cut with this mower this year and last year without the problems it is having. I know the terrain on some of my lawns is rough but I don't care about stuff I can't avoid it's the lawns that are even and have came out fine before.
S Man

You need to read the other post you made about this mower, and reply to me and my comment. I want to know what the mower is doing/ not doing that you are seeing wrong. You should have called me instead of posting negative comments, especially when I have personally been through your machine twice and watched you cut with it on your own properties.

Casey I sent you a pm. Call me so we can talk about it.

Scag413
06-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Is CBB a rep or something? S man I think your plan sounds good to me. I understand that if the cut isnt right then you cant be satisfied with a job you do. And when I cant be satisfied with a job because of something I can't control it really ticks me off. It's hard to work your butt off and something not look right because the mower doesn't cut even or people only want their lawn mowed every two weeks when we get rain everyday. Stuff like that makes me mad so I can understand your wanting to get rid of the mower. I would get the 36" sometime this year and then try to sell the exmark and then buy scag just like you said. Good luck to ya.

S man
06-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Is CBB a rep or something? S man I think your plan sounds good to me. I understand that if the cut isnt right then you cant be satisfied with a job you do. And when I cant be satisfied with a job because of something I can't control it really ticks me off. It's hard to work your butt off and something not look right because the mower doesn't cut even or people only want their lawn mowed every two weeks when we get rain everyday. Stuff like that makes me mad so I can understand your wanting to get rid of the mower. I would get the 36" sometime this year and then try to sell the exmark and then buy scag just like you said. Good luck to ya.

Yes Casey is the rep for southern louisiana. He came out today and was very helpful. There are some things I can do with it and get it cutting perfect the way it used to.

For mowers I was trying to get a scag 36" z cat but I think some guy hit the buy it now button. I'm so angry because it only had 60 hrs and is like brand new. The guy wanted $4000 for it and we agreed to it. Hopefully he might still sell it to me. It sure beats a stander. As for the lazer, I will keep it if I can get everything worked out. It is a great mower except for the weird probs I am having.

Turf Commando
06-25-2009, 12:25 AM
S man the money you spend rotating mowers I'd have 3 lawn crews going...! It's not the mower, it's the (ground conditions) that affects cut quality.
eXmark has some of the best cut machines I've ever seen..

freshprince94
06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Scott, i'm not trying to bash you or your work at all, but I think the height you cut at may have something to do with the problems you've been having. I remember you saying you mow your St. Augustine lawns pretty low. Try raising your deck up to 4 inches, 3.5 at lowest. I only cut at 4 and we mow pretty much the same kind of grass yall have. All of my yards looked much better when I raised the deck. It'll take a week for the lawn to get acclimated, but it's worth it. Maybe it'll even out the deck if you raise it. If not then oh well you tried.

Thanks, and I;m not trying to bash you, so don't get upset.

aahotard
07-07-2009, 01:01 AM
dude yeah i know what you mean about the exmark dealer around here. I went there 1 time and will never be back. wish we could have a better dealer. but yeah business plans sounds good. sounds like you moving over and working with vaughnns now. Great people over there. Only thing is you must buy from them inorder for them to look at you equip. They won't work on the stuff not bought from them. Hope you can get everything strait

S man
07-09-2009, 03:07 AM
dude yeah i know what you mean about the exmark dealer around here. I went there 1 time and will never be back. wish we could have a better dealer. but yeah business plans sounds good. sounds like you moving over and working with vaughnns now. Great people over there. Only thing is you must buy from them inorder for them to look at you equip. They won't work on the stuff not bought from them. Hope you can get everything strait

Are you talking about bob's? Yeah chris is a interesting guy. I try to stay away from there if I can. My rep actually brought the mower to hartmans out in boutte and got it fixed for me. He is awsome to deal with. I'll probably go over there for exmark.

And I am keeping my exmark and not buying a stander or a scag. I really like vaughns but can't justify selling this one when it was fixed and works great. I'm just playing with blades now to get the nicest cut. The only thing I'm going to buy is another toro comm 21" or pt trim mower and some trailer racks. That way I can run the 46" on anything big and use the 21"s on all the small lawns and back yards. And next year I'll probably get a better trailer and truck. I got a more stripped down f150 with the shorter bed and hate that I can't put a lot in it.

S man
07-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Scott, i'm not trying to bash you or your work at all, but I think the height you cut at may have something to do with the problems you've been having. I remember you saying you mow your St. Augustine lawns pretty low. Try raising your deck up to 4 inches, 3.5 at lowest. I only cut at 4 and we mow pretty much the same kind of grass yall have. All of my yards looked much better when I raised the deck. It'll take a week for the lawn to get acclimated, but it's worth it. Maybe it'll even out the deck if you raise it. If not then oh well you tried.

Thanks, and I;m not trying to bash you, so don't get upset.

I agree. Cutting higher is better on the lawn and on us. I mulch so having more room for the grass to get mulched up doesd help. I have started to cut a little higher and it has helped.