PDA

View Full Version : Tradgic accident @ accounts house.

KCfireman
06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
One of the properties i maintain has 4 kids that live there w/ their parents. Well, it's a very nice house, family is very religous and very secluded. They don't interact w/ their neighbors(i've never seen them do it). Well, they have a pool, and it's fenced in, and on Monday their 3 y/o son got into it somehow and fell into the pool, and the parents were unaware of his presence in it. They finally found the boy floating in the pool. Called 911, and paramedics rushed him to the hospital, they performed CPR on him for 50 min straight! They got a pulse and breathing but now the boy is brain dead. If your not breathing and have no pulse for more than 6 minutes and no one is performing CPR then you start to lose brain cells rapidly, by 10 minutes if there is no CPR on the patient, then they go brain dead. I've always known something like this was gonna happen sooner or later, a lot of the times they don't know that their kids are outside, and I hate it when I'm mowing their yard and their out there playing, because i knew eventually something was gonna happen between them and one of my mowers.

141 woodmann
06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry to hear that. Town close to me just lost a high school student. Sucks. Thoughts and Prayers

jkilov
06-12-2009, 06:15 PM
This will be very hard on the parents. They carry a burden and some never truly forgive themselves. I hope they come to peace with their loss.

saylorsdad
06-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I teach and every year we seem to loose a kid either in our system or close to it. most of the time it was avoidable. sorry to hear about one of your clients.
Posted via Mobile Device

fl-landscapes
06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
that simply SUCKS! Parents will never stop feeling guilty. Tragic accident, that could really happen to anyone.

4.3mudder
06-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Man, what an accident, sorry to hear about that.

KCfireman
06-12-2009, 06:23 PM
This will be very hard on the parents. They carry a burden and some never truly forgive themselves. I hope they come to peace with their loss.They are already blaming themselves.

I teach and every year we seem to loose a kid either in our system or close to it. most of the time it was avoidable. sorry to hear about one of your clients.
Posted via Mobile DeviceThis was easily avoidable.

that simply SUCKS! Parents will never stop feeling guilty. Tragic accident, that could really happen to anyone.It can happen to anyone. I think if i would'be been there that day, i could have performed CPR from the get-go.

corey4671
06-12-2009, 06:27 PM
One of the properties i maintain has 4 kids that live there w/ their parents. Well, it's a very nice house, family is very religous and very secluded. They don't interact w/ their neighbors(i've never seen them do it). Well, they have a pool, and it's fenced in, and on Monday their 3 y/o son got into it somehow and fell into the pool, and the parents were unaware of his presence in it. They finally found the boy floating in the pool. Called 911, and paramedics rushed him to the hospital, they performed CPR on him for 50 min straight! They got a pulse and breathing but now the boy is brain dead. If your not breathing and have no pulse for more than 6 minutes and no one is performing CPR then you start to lose brain cells rapidly, by 10 minutes if there is no CPR on the patient, then they go brain dead. I've always known something like this was gonna happen sooner or later, a lot of the times they don't know that their kids are outside, and I hate it when I'm mowing their yard and their out there playing, because i knew eventually something was gonna happen between them and one of my mowers.

three years ago I would have thought it was just a tragedy and went on. However now that I have two girls of my own it breaks my heart to hear of someone losing a child or a child seriously injured.

I'm with you on the parents who don't watch the kids. I have some apartments that I mow and people there do NOT watch their kids. One little boy, can't be over 3 runs in and out of the apartment the whole time I'm around his building. Rest of the time he's nowhere to be seen. PArents are usually in the apartment on the phone smoking.....just not sure what. I yell at the kid, tell the complex manager. It drives me nuts because like you I forsee the day he and I will meet at the corner of the building and I run over him.

KCfireman
06-12-2009, 06:31 PM
three years ago I would have thought it was just a tragedy and went on. However now that I have two girls of my own it breaks my heart to hear of someone losing a child or a child seriously injured.

I'm with you on the parents who don't watch the kids. I have some apartments that I mow and people there do NOT watch their kids. One little boy, can't be over 3 runs in and out of the apartment the whole time I'm around his building. Rest of the time he's nowhere to be seen. PArents are usually in the apartment on the phone smoking.....just not sure what. I yell at the kid, tell the complex manager. It drives me nuts because like you I forsee the day he and I will meet at the corner of the building and I run over him.Exactly. What's worse, when it's time for them to pay up at the end of the month they always send one of their kids out to me to give me my check.:nono: While I'm on the stander. Very dangerous.:nono: and sometimes they run out w/o any clothes on.:nono:

fl-landscapes
06-12-2009, 06:35 PM

I'm with you on the parents who don't watch the kids. I have some apartments that I mow and people there do NOT watch their kids. One little boy, can't be over 3 runs in and out of the apartment the whole time I'm around his building. Rest of the time he's nowhere to be seen. PArents are usually in the apartment on the phone smoking.....just not sure what. I yell at the kid, tell the complex manager. It drives me nuts because like you I forsee the day he and I will meet at the corner of the building and I run over him.

I was just out working on one of my sprinkler heads thinking the same thing. It's funny how you look at things differently when your a parent yourself. You instantly feel the pain of a tragedy like that when you think of your own kids,. Heart breaking.

ashelton
06-12-2009, 06:36 PM
My thoughts and prayers will be with that family.

KCfireman
06-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I was just out working on one of my sprinkler heads thinking the same thing. It's funny how you look at things differently when your a parent yourself. You instantly feel the pain of a tragedy like that when you think of your own kids,. Heart breaking.I'm only 18 but still, I know what those parents are going through. There's nothing worse than running a SIDS call.

sunray
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM
long term all involved would have been better to let the little guy go.
Might sound heartless but guilt will turn to anger as time goes by, the boy will suffer in a world of silence and the parents will end up hating him for the burden that's on them.
we have become a nation of everything and everybody has to live for ever, we can simply not let life go.

KCfireman
06-12-2009, 06:58 PM
long term all involved would have been better to let the little guy go.
Might sound heartless but guilt will turn to anger as time goes by, the boy will suffer in a world of silence and the parents will end up hating him for the burden that's on them.
we have become a nation of everything and everybody has to live for ever, we can simply not let life go.I'm thinking they might have done it today, because all their family cars were gone.

fl-landscapes
06-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm only 18 but still, I know what those parents are going through. There's nothing worse than running a SIDS call.

Couple years ago one of my best friends (hes a cop) woke up in the middle of the night to feed his new crying baby. He fell asleep on the couch with her on his chest. When he woke up the morning she was "gone" S.I.D.S. It was awfull!

jsf343
06-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I was just out working on one of my sprinkler heads thinking the same thing. It's funny how you look at things differently when your a parent yourself. You instantly feel the pain of a tragedy like that when you think of your own kids,. Heart breaking.

I was thinking the same thing. That is very sad.

1993lx172
06-13-2009, 01:11 AM
It's situations like this that make me think that a pool needs to be fenced in separately from the backyard as opposed to having the entire backyard fenced in with the pool out in the open.

This is truly a tragedy, prayers to the family for their loss.

KCfireman
06-13-2009, 01:19 AM
It's situations like this that make me think that a pool needs to be fenced in separately from the backyard as opposed to having the entire backyard fenced in with the pool out in the open.

This is truly a tragedy, prayers to the family for their loss.It is fenced in seperately. They have a wooden fence that goes around the enitre backyard and then they have a wrought iron fence that goes around the pool.

corey4671
06-13-2009, 02:26 AM
makes me think of one property I have where the pool is NOT fenced seperately from the backyard and there are two small kids under age 5 living there. Pool is less than 20 feet from the backdoor

KCfireman
06-13-2009, 02:34 AM
makes me think of one property I have where the pool is NOT fenced seperately from the backyard and there are two small kids under age 5 living there. Pool is less than 20 feet from the backdoori'm suprised that the gov't doesnt have any regulations on the buildings of these pools.

ZTR_Diesel
06-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Wow - sorry to hear that, I'll be praying for this family. I also appreciate your concern for them at this time, it means a lot, if they acknowledge it to you or not.

One thing you said: "They don't interact with thier neighbors." That's really a shame - they need other people now to help them through this, and if their neighbors are helping keep an eye out, this might never have happened. I am blessed to live in an area with real neighbors, who know each other & each other's kids, and we all keep an eye out for one another.

Nosmo
06-13-2009, 05:45 AM
A small innocent child's death is trajic to say the least. There was an article in the local paper not over a week ago about home swimming pools.

I believe our city is trying to pass an ordinance that would require all residential pools to have a fence around them. I believe they would require a locking gate also.

I wonder if the pool which is mentioned at the beginning of this thread was fenced ?

Nosmo

ALC-GregH
06-13-2009, 08:39 AM
It is fenced in seperately. They have a wooden fence that goes around the enitre backyard and then they have a wrought iron fence that goes around the pool.

A small innocent child's death is trajic to say the least. There was an article in the local paper not over a week ago about home swimming pools.

I believe our city is trying to pass an ordinance that would require all residential pools to have a fence around them. I believe they would require a locking gate also.

I wonder if the pool which is mentioned at the beginning of this thread was fenced ?

Nosmo

it is.

Sorry to hear the tragic news.

fl-landscapes
06-13-2009, 09:06 AM
i'm suprised that the gov't doesnt have any regulations on the buildings of these pools.

In florida most pools are connected to the house and covered in a screen enclosure. It is a state law that you have a "baby barrier" between the entrances from the house and the pool