PDA

View Full Version : digital earmuffs

grass disaster
06-12-2009, 06:52 PM
what are some digital earmuffs besides the peltors?

i just ran over my other $120 rechargabe pair that i wasn't too impressed with.... not digital

MS_SURVEYOR
06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
what are some digital earmuffs besides the peltors?

i just ran over my other $120 rechargabe pair that i wasn't too impressed with.... not digital

You get your screen name in earnest!

grass disaster

I don't know?

grass disaster
06-12-2009, 11:57 PM
You get your screen name in earnest!

grass disaster

I don't know?

hey come on be nice

4.3mudder
06-13-2009, 12:24 AM
I got the ones from lowes for 50 bucks. 5 preset stations, battery life is poor though, I have been through I don't know how many batteries, and no, I don't leave them on when I'm not using them, except for that one time.....

vaughnslawns
06-13-2009, 12:31 AM
radio shack.

TimsLawnCareVA
06-13-2009, 09:31 AM
I got the ones from Lowes, got them yesterday. They are on sale this week for $39. Can't wait to try them out next week.

weeble67
06-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I swear by my work tunes and my Ipod.

FromtheGroundUp
06-13-2009, 12:51 PM
the work tunes are a great idea. its a shame they use a crappy tuner in them, i can pick up 1 or 2 stations and they are static sometimes.the battery life is very short also.
i am glad they have a mp3 port. with out an mp3 playerthese are junk! any one else think so?

grass disaster
06-13-2009, 06:34 PM
so the digital peltor work tunes are junk?

does everyone agree on this?

lawnspecialties
06-13-2009, 09:29 PM
so the digital peltor work tunes are junk?

does everyone agree on this?

I absolutely despise my digital Peltors. Although digital, stations bleed over constantly. Our strongest station is 101.5 but sometimes I can hear it as far away as 93.9.

Unfortunately, they're all I've ever really seen out there.

olde_blue
06-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Elvex COM-610 or COM-611 or COM-612 (model number vary based on volume limiter, about $50) with a Sony SRF-M70 Sports Digital Walkman AM/FM radio (made in the early 1990s--you can find them on ebay for $10-$20. New they were about $50).

The new Elvex design is very comfortable, very quiet, and sounds better than the older plastic-banded design (Com-300 series). I use mine usually with a CD player to listen to library books; sometimes with a 15-year old SRF-M70 to listen to the radio. The old sony digital radio has great sound quality and is very durable. You can use rechargable AAA's in it.

snowjeep
06-13-2009, 11:50 PM
I had a set of Peltors but got lost. I found ao safety digital ones for under $50 on line. They look like my peltors just yellow. They work just as well but are not quite as loud but loud enuf. I put the energizer lithium batteries in and they are 3 weeks old as still going. Hope it helps.

ToroLandscaper
06-13-2009, 11:59 PM
I have the dial station receiver work tunes, and while every channel is not crystal clear they are cheap and work well enough.

My complaints on them is that just about as soon as you leave them out in the rain or you sweat a lot in them, they are fried.

I had some that I have used for two years, and they never saw rain really, but they were starting to get "fried" from where I had sweat so much in them and I guess they got sweat in the speakers or something. After sweating so much in them they would shut off and I would have to hit them to get them to turn back on. I left them on the back of my truck the other day and it rained for about an hour...and now they are just completely fried.