PDA

View Full Version : Toro Titan, Scag Freedom Z...what else...

stephen424
06-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Anyone have any cutting experience with either a Toro Titan or a Scag Freedom Z?
I am adding to my collection soon. Mowing commercially, 15-20 yards a week right now. Goal is to have 5 commercial subdivision accounts by next spring and move away from the residential accounts (giving them to my friend).

I have a Toro 52" Z Master right now but I may sell it to my friend.

I know that the Toro Titan is listed under "homeowner" on Toro's site and the Scag Freedom Z is similar.

1. But for what I'm doing right now, would the Titan or Freedom Z "get me by".

2. Do those models hold good trade in value?

3. Are they decent (for those who have actually cut with them).

4. Are decks commercial or residential?

Any input would be appreciated

stephen424
06-13-2009, 06:57 AM
bump bump bump

GreenAcresLandscaping
06-13-2009, 07:14 AM
There is the Hustler Fastrack, and Fastrack Super Duty. There are a lot of LCO's around here that use the Hustler fastrack . I saw a scag freedom z the other day. The Titan i think is more of a homeowner machine. Its on there website for up to 2 acres per week, it has a homeowner motor in it too. The scag is considered entry level commercial.
They both have welded decks. Anything your going to buy new is going to loose A LOT the minute it leaves the dealer, but i would think the scag would have better trade in value. I haven't cut with either one of them so i can't speak for the cut. However the Fastrack cut is good, but at high speeds its just okay if the grass is wet or thick.