PDA

View Full Version : jungle jim trailer mate

G. Ramey
06-12-2009, 11:25 PM
does anybody have a jungle jim trailer mate. I was thinking of buying one. my only question is can the blowers be locked in position with a padlock or do you have to run a cable thru the handle? The cable looks like it would be hard to keep up with and if I got in a hurry I know I would probably not take the time to fish the cable through both blowers.

Mowbizz
06-13-2009, 01:24 PM
does anybody have a jungle jim trailer mate. I was thinking of buying one. my only question is can the blowers be locked in position with a padlock or do you have to run a cable thru the handle? The cable looks like it would be hard to keep up with and if I got in a hurry I know I would probably not take the time to fish the cable through both blowers.

Yup..I have the trailer mate...need the cable for the backpack blowers but you can lock the trimmers with a padlock. I leave the cable in place all the time and only keep it locked when away from the street...it takes a couple of seconds to unlock and slip the cable out of the handle to take the blower down...same with the trimmer locks. It's good piece of mind to know someone is not going to walk away with your expensive equipment while you're out in the back yard...

Really no trouble at all once you get used to the routine...go for it, it's a great system.
I'm sure, if you wanted to, you could rig some kind of big padlock for the hook the blower hangs on...but it would have to be something that would be secure and would not slip thru the handle easily...hey if thieves want something they'll take it no matter what...

G. Ramey
06-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I went ahead and ordered it today. It should be here in a couple of days

Mowbizz
06-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I went ahead and ordered it today. It should be here in a couple of days

Good for you...you're going to like it! I am looking for a truck box that is for the sides of a truck...thinking about mounting it under the trailer mate so it will hang beneath and the door will open down, towards me. Free up a little more deck space where I have 2 plastic boxes screwed down for supplies etc.

Good luck and be prepared to do some drilling!! :drinkup: