PDA

View Full Version : Smallest ztr ???

Okielawman28
06-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone,

I am in need of a mower that can go through back gates, the little chain link ones.

I have thought about a 32" walk behind, or a 32" zero turn if they make one that small?

I got a snapper 33" rear engine, 15 hp Kholer command. nice mower but I am not pleased with the cut I am getting with the ninja blade, I am not impressed with all the hype of the ninja blade so I think I might get rid of the snapper and get another rider or walk behind with a sulkie perhaps.

Any imput on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Chris

bighaydenslawn
06-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Exmark and Gravely make commercial 34" ZTRs, but I do not know of any smaller than that.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Like Bighayden said, as far as I know the two smallest or Gravely and Exmark with the 34" decks. If there are smaller ones I have never came across them.

TomberLawn
06-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Wright makes a 32" Stander. Depending on how large your back yards are, I would suggest a walk behind. A zero turn will be heavier and much more expensive. Also, seems like the small-deck zero turns usually have smaller foot platforms and look like they would ride rough due to small tires and no suspension seat.

S.I.
06-13-2009, 01:45 AM
talk the customers into bigger gates and get a 36"?

N.TX
06-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Gravely makes a 32 walk behind and a 34z

ALC-GregH
06-13-2009, 11:26 AM
talk the customers into bigger gates and get a 36"?

This is the real answer. If I could do this, I'd be using my 61 Scag. :D

Runner
06-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I've done it many times. The selling point to it is that you can convince them that bigger gate is better for when they ever want to do something else in their backyard, too. It makes cleanups easier, bring things in, etc. And let's face it,..it really doesn't cost that much to do. The cost of the larger gate is EASILY made up by the offset of the higher maintenance cost for the season, by having to use a smaller mower. back in the day, I had a few places that I used to mow the backyards by hand (if they were nice and small). I still charged the same hourly rate as the big mower, because my big mower was still tied up on the trailer. I am NOT hand mowing - while I have a $10,000 mower sitting on the trailer doing nothing. Anyway, it is usually a pretty easy sale. Sometimes it's a matter of changing the old gate; sometimes it's a matter of just installing another one in a different location. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Heintooga
06-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Have you tried after market blades?

GreenmanCT
06-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I unscrew the ends of the chain link fence and peel it back to get my mower through.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I unscrew the ends of the chain link fence and peel it back to get my mower through.

WHAT??? My mower would be to tall.

ed2hess
06-13-2009, 07:32 PM
The guys that got the small ztr had tracking problems in our market. Their tires are just too small. Good units other than that. I would get the wright it is used by a lot of lawn companies in our area. We have the Sentar 36" and have used it for three years.

GreenmanCT
06-13-2009, 07:40 PM
WHAT??? My mower would be to tall.

My mowers a walk behind, ztr soon to come.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-13-2009, 07:45 PM
My mowers a walk behind, ztr soon to come.

I was wondering. It must be a hassle though.

Whose the guy in your avatar?