PDA

View Full Version : Stihl and Echo Pro Attachment Series...

stephen424
06-13-2009, 12:17 AM
For those that use these, is trimming hedges and bushes fairly easy? Or would I come off better just buying a separate hedge trimmer.

Is controlling it harder with the extra length?

Any advice is appreciated

mississippiturf
06-13-2009, 12:37 AM
The articulating hedge trimmer certainly has advantages, especially when trimming higher up hedges. The strain on the back is the worst side-effect!

stephen424
06-13-2009, 08:01 AM
bump bump bump

jameson
06-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Any advice is appreciated

If you're shearing a 12' laurel hedge, Echo's handheld hedge trimmers will seem an ill fit, likewise, if you're trimming dwarf boxwood, the PAS system will prove awkward.

I suggest you have both a handheld unit, and an extended one - as the PAS system affords.

Then you have the right tools to take on all comers.

:weightlifter:

weve
06-14-2009, 01:29 AM
I use the Echo PAS system. I have the extended hedge clipper attachment, the articulated attachment, and the old HC-1500.

I use the articulated attachment the least. Due to its weight I only use it where needed. I use the non-articulating hedge clipper attachment the most along with my old 2100SB power unit. This combo keeps the weight down and saves a lot of back bending on some jobs. The hand held HC-1500 is still necessary for some jobs. I also have the Echo 3-foot attachment extension which I have used occasionally with the hedge clipper but not for very long.