PDA

View Full Version : My feet are @#!*killing me

oneshot
06-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Somebody help me out. I've crushed two pair of work boots already this season. they were terra's. What is the best work boot out there. Both for comfort and durability.

right on.

mississippiturf
06-13-2009, 12:45 AM
Had a recent post on this subject a few weeks ago. Might do a search. Everyone has their favorite. I, personally, have not worn boots until lately. I bought a pair of Wolverines and really like them.

GOOSEHANSON
06-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I wear Georgia Romeo's and I am in them 14 hours plus a day and my feet are always in good shape...

SNAPPER MAN
06-13-2009, 12:54 AM
I wear the Lawn Grips Brutus and they are great and have a ton of support. I used to have feet problems but I don't anymore since I bought my lawn grips.

nosparkplugs
06-13-2009, 01:04 AM
RED WING BOOTS & SHOES, and their high dollar moldable insole. While some may say their Wal-Mart or "China-men" made boots do just fine. My feet always get the best, if that means I walk out of the Red Wing boot store spending about $300.00 each time so be it. For me when my feet get tired or sore I AM DONE FOR THE DAY. happy feet equal high production for me.

4.3mudder
06-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Wearing good feet protection is essential for not just right now, but later on in life. It will help you form having back trouble. I was wearing Caterpillars for a long time. They are plum wore out. Screw holding the soles and everything else, I am looking into getting a new pair very soon.

jsf343
06-13-2009, 01:31 AM
I havn't seen anybody mention the foot cushions you can buy to put in there. They are WELL worth the money and help out tremendously, whether it be a new boot or old.

Now do it, go buy some.:walking:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Good suggestions on here.

I would highly recommend Lawngrips - I have the mid rise boot with the steel toe.
2nd year on them now, and I REALLY put them to the test - I exclusively walk 15 lawns a week - my rear doesn't see a seat. The boots have held up really well, I won't be buying any other brand.

ZTR_Diesel
06-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Just FYI - most Cat branded boots are Wolverene's. Not bad, but a little more run of the mill than some.

I have historically liked and been treated well by Red Wings. Simply can't beat thier fit, quality of construction, and long-term durability. However - of late prices have risen dramatically. I really hope a product person from thier company reads this; what other product do you know of that in three years the identical boot has risen in price from $145/pair to $215/pair. Perhaps tires, but little else to my knowledge.

That said, I'm wearing a pair of Georgia Giant's with electrical shock protection & steel toes that I bought at Tractor Supply on clearance for $50. They are a bit heavy, otherwise - excellent boots. And they are two years old, walking mostly on concrete at my day job. I hope to go back to Red Wings someday but it's still hard to swallow that price. Make sure they fit you well and are exactly what you want before you leave to store with them.

S.I.
06-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Military leg boots and a good pair of insoles. They do take a good week or so to "break in" but once they are loosened up you can't beat them. I've had the same pair for 12 years, resoled twice, and wouldn't trade them for anything.

nosparkplugs
06-13-2009, 01:44 AM
I agree on the price increase for the Red Wings, I cycle mine out when I purchase a new pair I get my older pair re-soled for $75.00 makes the price increase not so bad.

The Red Wing Boots are still 100% made in USA, where the Red Wing WORX brand is made in china, last time I was in the local Red Wing Store, and asked why the price increase that is what I was told.

Still the RW's are worth the money I just wait longer to purchase a new pair now, and wear my new & re-soled RW's longer too.

Just FYI - most Cat branded boots are Wolverene's. Not bad, but a little more run of the mill than some.

I have historically liked and been treated well by Red Wings. Simply can't beat thier fit, quality of construction, and long-term durability. However - of late prices have risen dramatically. I really hope a product person from thier company reads this; what other product do you know of that in three years the identical boot has risen in price from $145/pair to $215/pair. Perhaps tires, but little else to my knowledge.

That said, I'm wearing a pair of Georgia Giant's with electrical shock protection & steel toes that I bought at Tractor Supply on clearance for $50. They are a bit heavy, otherwise - excellent boots. And they are two years old, walking mostly on concrete at my day job. I hope to go back to Red Wings someday but it's still hard to swallow that price. Make sure they fit you well and are exactly what you want before you leave to store with them.

lawnman7
06-13-2009, 04:39 AM
i go with the timerlands and put a gel insole inthem. and the insole is reuseable

Ooomwizard
06-13-2009, 09:31 AM
I switch to running shoes about two days a week. They're very light and have good cushioning.

lilweeds
06-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Red wings!

delphied
06-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Red wings for me. I am on my third year and may need new next year. I have extremely high arches and have to use custom made supports.

djflats
06-13-2009, 09:49 AM
I like Thorogood's desert combat boots w/ a steel toe. They're comfortable, dry fast, heavy sole w/ good traction, good support too. Mine's held up for 2 years so far and are still in good shape. I have a second pair but they're still in the box. I'm waiting for the 1st pair to blow out which may be a while.
http://www.discountedboots.com/members/604790/uploaded/803-3301.jpg

ALC-GregH
06-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Honestly, I hate having something around my ankles. The ball and chain I carry around everyday is bad enough on the ankles. :D

Seriously, I normally wear running shoes. My feet will sometimes hurt so bad it's hard to even walk.

I have a few places that have very steep banks and I found myself slipping almost every time I'd have to cut them. I went to Walmart and found some rubber sole athletic cleats for $5 a pair on clearance. Yeah I bought a few pair. Not the best for my feet but I don't wear them all day. I keep a pair in the truck and slip them on when I get to the property. Made a world of difference.

N.TX
06-13-2009, 10:16 AM
GO BUY REDWING HARD ARCH SUPPORT INSOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am 26 and last year I could hardly walk by the middle of lawns season. I had 170 dollar boots and they weren't helping at all. I had been buying all the other cheaper brands of inserts but nothing worked. The redwing store has a redwing brand of insoles that have hard plastic support for the arch so it doesnt flex........cost 30 bucks and I havent had a problem yet.

bobw
06-13-2009, 10:35 AM
I used to be a big Terra fan, but finally tried a pair of Red Wings. Once I got over the sticker shock... best boot ever. They are actually more comfortable than sneakers.

I'm an irrigation guy and Red Wing actually makes a pair that are truly waterproof. I will never be able to explain the joy of going home with dry feet....

ferris09
06-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I have been wearing Red Wings steel toes for 25 years now and you cannot beat them as far as durability, currently I am wearing Tony Lama's steel toe work boots and giving them a try and so far they are ok. I would say that whatever you wear wear something that is comfortable, durable and provides protection. Tennis shoes, sneakers, running shoes or whatever you call them may be comfortable at times but they do not last long and provides little to no protection.

Heintooga
06-13-2009, 10:44 AM
I've been using hiking/backpacking footwear for years. Best grip and fit with great longevity. Head off to your local backpacking outfitter and check some out.

DaddyRabbit
06-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Red Wings, nothings better.

Somebody help me out. I've crushed two pair of work boots already this season. they were terra's. What is the best work boot out there. Both for comfort and durability.

right on.

Sims Lawn Service
06-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I got a pair of Lawn Grips this year and i love them. They are like a tennis shoe with a boot sole. You can't beat them to cut grass in.

Rhett
06-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Red wings? Bought a pair in November. They are worn flat out all ready. Can take them to a dealer an hour and a half away or pay to send them to the factory to have them evaluated. Crap the Bramas at wal mart lasted longer. Lte me think. 35 bucks for boots that lat half a season or 200 bucks for a boot that lasts half a season.