PDA

View Full Version : What the smart ZTR is wearing for 09

FastMan
06-13-2009, 12:39 PM
This cracks me up.

http://dixiechopper.com/home/models_view/7

Is it for mowing woods? If a guy wants to hide from his customers I think he's going to need a different camo pattern. Hmmmm, what would we call it? Spring lush? Turf stripe?

And I bet guys pay a premium for that paint job too! :hammerhead: :laugh:

Richard Martin
06-13-2009, 01:53 PM
They've had that mower for a year or two now. Apparently it sells pretty well because they're still making it.

tacoma200
06-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Anything with Camo will sell in the South. Even the girls wear it (along with their pink John Deere shirts).

Junior M
06-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Anything with Camo will sell in the South. Even the girls wear it (along with their pink John Deere shirts).
It sure does! my trailer dealer sells dixies and I've been eye balling that camo version sense I walked in there a couple years back.. If I remember correctly the guy sold a couple of those last year..

ToroLandscaper
06-13-2009, 04:22 PM
It amazes me that anyone would ever pay extra for that crap. If it will cut grass and is dependable then thats all that I care about. Why would anyone ever pay EXTRA for that, its going to cut grass the same and is going to have the same dependability as the "regular" dixie chopper. Dumb business move to buy that...in my opinion.

Scagguy
06-13-2009, 04:52 PM
What got me was the Echo chain saw my dealer has that's in camo. I can see it now, some guy working in the woods somewhere....sets it down, and forgets where he left it and can't see the damn thing. Brilliant!!!

FastMan
06-13-2009, 08:03 PM
What got me was the Echo chain saw my dealer has that's in camo. I can see it now, some guy working in the woods somewhere....sets it down, and forgets where he left it and can't see the damn thing. Brilliant!!!

That's funny. Thumbs Up

Keith
06-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Does it come with a ghillie suit for the operator?

4.3mudder
06-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Exmark has the same thing. I think it is on their Quest models that they sell, they are also camo color.

Junior M
06-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Exmark has the same thing. I think it is on their Quest models that they sell, they are also camo color.
But not near as good looking.. Thumbs Up

4.3mudder
06-13-2009, 09:17 PM
It will get dirty lol. Sph camo is camo.

johnnybravo8802
06-13-2009, 11:16 PM
It amazes me that anyone would ever pay extra for that crap. If it will cut grass and is dependable then thats all that I care about. Why would anyone ever pay EXTRA for that, its going to cut grass the same and is going to have the same dependability as the "regular" dixie chopper. Dumb business move to buy that...in my opinion.
Do you know how many rednecks get into this business each year? They can pull that chopper behind their jacked up 4x4-it's American made like Harley Davidson and the rednecks are crazy about that sh@#. Dixie even has a cooler for the beer!!!:drinkup::usflag:

Junior M
06-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Do you know how many rednecks get into this business each year? They can pull that chopper behind their jacked up 4x4-it's American made like Harley Davidson and the rednecks are crazy about that sh@#. Dixie even has a cooler for the beer!!!:drinkup::usflag:
I know a guy that does that.. ;) :laugh:

FastMan
06-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Dixie even has a cooler for the beer!!!

I was wondering if they had a bow rack option for this thing,,, case a nice buck happened in front of ya while layin stripes.

Put down the beer and nock an arrow.

lifetree
06-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Anything with Camo will sell in the South. ...

It sure does ! my trailer dealer sells dixies and I've been eye balling that camo version sense I walked in there a couple years back ...

It amazes me that anyone would ever pay extra for that crap. ...

Yep, it's quite a commentary (and sad) that "the South" is identified with it !! I have to agree with ToroLandscaper ... from a business perspective it makes absolutely no sense to pay a premium for something like that.

lifetree
06-13-2009, 11:34 PM
i was wondering if they had a bow rack option for this thing ,,, case a nice buck happened in front of ya while layin stripes. ...

lmao ... !!

tacoma200
06-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Yep, it's quite a commentary (and sad) that "the South" is identified with it !! I have to agree with ToroLandscaper ... from a business perspective it makes absolutely no sense to pay a premium for something like that.

True but we Southerners are stereotyped and most of the people in my area are reinforcing the stereotype. Call some one a redneck here and they smile and say "Y thanks". :laugh:

LushGreenLawn
06-13-2009, 11:40 PM
They had to do something. Dixie Choppers are by far the worst looking mower on the planet. I am sure they cut great, and are great machines because people rave about them, but I could never buy something that ugly.

I am not one of those guys who buys equipment based on looks, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. It looks like something I could throw together in my garage.

topsites
06-13-2009, 11:40 PM

I am in unanimous agreement.

brucec32
06-14-2009, 09:04 PM
That's funny. I'm noticing a strange new trend here. Lots of "camo" covered pickup trucks(usually quite old) parked on the side of the road for sale or driving around. Some are painted, one looked like it had one of those plastic/vinyl "wraps" on it. Maybe it's easier to slap some paint on like that than do a proper job of it.

milike
06-14-2009, 09:14 PM
hey ... i got me one on order

hockeypro1411
06-14-2009, 09:32 PM
If it was the same price as a regular one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. No way in hell I'd pay extra for that though.

TurfTrimmer 92
06-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Mabey its there new line of hunting mobiles, per the orange lettering.

Ahh god bless the u.s You'd only see something like that in America

*newusflag*:usflag:*newusflag*:usflag::drinkup: